Land line busy, Second line goes to voicemail.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
EDanaII
Land line busy, Second line goes to voicemail.

Post by EDanaII » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 pm

As of today, nobody can call my main line. They keep getting a busy signal. My Ooma setup page reported initially that "the line is busy, please wait for it to reset" or something like that. After a reboot, it doesn't report that, but the line is still busy. Earlier, in the week, I tried to set Ooma up to work from behind my router, and might have screwed something up there, but it did ring my main line after that, so... Two questions: what happened to my line? And is there a way to "reset" my Ooma setup to factory defaults?

Ed.

lbmofo

Re: Land line busy, Second line goes to voicemail.

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:57 pm

EDanaII wrote:Just to follow up on my issue, sadly, this turned out to be an unplugged phone jack. It looked like it was in the wall, but the connection was broken. Fitting it back in fixed the issue.

Ed.
I guess not fixed yet heh?
Did number port complete yet? Check here: https://my.ooma.com/porting_status
If porting is complete, you got nothing plugged into the "wall" port of Ooma right?
Do you have a phone connected directly to the "phone" port of Ooma?

EDanaII

Post by EDanaII » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:06 pm

No, one things is fixed, something else has gone wrong. :)

I thought I had started the port two months ago, could have sworn I started it, but apparently that wasn't the case. So I initiated the port yesterday. Is this a product of the port? If so, then how come my second (Ooma assigned) line goes straight to voicemail?

The land line is still plugged into the wall jack. The port is not estimated to complete until 4/22. Does the phone need to be removed from the jack?

Ed.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

When things get goofy with my system, I boot 1 at a time until complete from the modem back and usually this helps. Try cold booting the modem also.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:10 pm

EDanaII wrote:No, one things is fixed, something else has gone wrong. :)

If so, then how come my second (Ooma assigned) line goes straight to voicemail?

Ed.
Is the envelope button lit orange (not blue)?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm

First plug a phone directly into the walljack of your house to see if you can use your landline normally. Make sure calling out and receving calls are all okay. If you have VM service with your landline, make sure you clear all voicemails (listen & delete) them.

During number port, don't cancel your landline. When porting is done, your landline will automatically be cancelled. You can call in afterwards to make sure it is cancelled though.

Before Ooma tells you via email/phone call that port is complete, connect a phone cord from Ooma's "wall" port to your walljack in the house.

When Ooma tells you port is complete, you can remove the cord connecting "wall" port to your walljack in the house. You may want to reboot your Ooma for good measure.

Make sure "Do Not Disturb" evenlope isn't lit. Otherwise, all calls will go to Voicemail.

Let us know if you still have issues.

EDanaII

Post by EDanaII » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:56 pm

The wall jack is dead. I cannot send receive calls. According to the email I got earlier, porting would be complete by 4/22. Has somebody (halfway) jumped the gun? All lights on the device are blue.

Ed.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm

EDanaII wrote:The wall jack is dead. I cannot send receive calls. According to the email I got earlier, porting would be complete by 4/22. Has somebody (halfway) jumped the gun? All lights on the device are blue.

Ed.
If the walljack is dead, then your landline is turned off, call them and ask why they turned off your landline service. You didn't call them and cancel did you? If you did, you need to have them turn it back on again so porting can happen.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 pm

EDanaII wrote:No, one things is fixed, something else has gone wrong. :)

I thought I had started the port two months ago, could have sworn I started it, but apparently that wasn't the case. So I initiated the port yesterday. Is this a product of the port? If so, then how come my second (Ooma assigned) line goes straight to voicemail?

The land line is still plugged into the wall jack. The port is not estimated to complete until 4/22. Does the phone need to be removed from the jack?

Ed.
Could it be? A 1 day port???

EDanaII

Post by EDanaII » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 am

I should be so lucky. :)

@ lbmofo

Nope. I didn't call them and cancel. I initiated the port on Ooma and did nothing else. It sounds like I need to call them and get them to restore the line until the port is complete?

Ed.