access from cell phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rjlebleu
access from cell phone

Post by rjlebleu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 am

I'm new to Ooma. I must have a setting incorrect and need some help, please. I have routed my Ooma number to Google Voice for voice mail and transfer to my cell phone.. I call my Ooma number(home) and a recording asks for my PIN. I don't want to access the account features, just call home. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

murphy

Re: access from cell phone

Post by murphy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 am

It sounds like you have your Ooma number forwarded to GV and you have your GV forwarded to your cell phone.
If you call your Ooma number from your cell phone the double forward will find that your cell phone is busy.
That's an infinite loop. Do you really have your Ooma number forwarded or is it configured for multi-ring?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rjlebleu

Post by rjlebleu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:53 am

murphy,
Multi-ring. A friend has Ooma and forwards all the numbers (cells & Ooma) to a GV number. I'm trying to do the same thing but, it seems like the long way around to accomplish forwarding & voice mail on my cell phone when I'm not home.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:18 am

Try this:

In your Google Voice account, go into voice settings.

Edit your cell phone (that you are calling home from), click show advanced settings, say No to Direct access to voicemail and click save.