Blocked / Blacklisted Calls Log and/or Count

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
CodeMasterG
Blocked / Blacklisted Calls Log and/or Count

Post by CodeMasterG » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

My apologies if this has already been requested, but would it be possible to show blocked / blacklist calls received in the call log? If not, could a simple count of total blocked calls be provided on the My Ooma blacklist configuration page? I think it would be good to know just how much blocking is being done and if a very high count appears it would allow a user to alert Ooma about a potential problem.

Thanks!

Ely

Re: Blocked / Blacklisted Calls Log and/or Count

Post by Ely » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 am

I agree this is a plus, just in case of false positives etc, what I have done as a work around is to just send all blocked calls to Voice Mail instead of just blocking them, that way I can see who's been calling.
System: Ooma Telo
Mbps: 68 Down / 12 Up
PING TIME: 5Ms
Modem>Router>Telo
===========================
Eli Linares @
http://www.realact.net
===========================

KEM

Post by KEM » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 am

Ditto...

I have requested this same functionality in the past.

- KEM

bluechalk

Post by bluechalk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 am

According to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=376&p=1408&hilit=blacklist#p1408, seeing blacklisted calls in the call logs is planned for a near-term release.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

bluechalk wrote:According to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=376&p=1408&hilit=blacklist#p1408, seeing blacklisted calls in the call logs is planned for a near-term release.
Near-term??? That was over two years ago. I'd hate to see what their definition of long-term would be. :D

java007md

Post by java007md » Wed May 18, 2011 3:16 pm

When I signed up for the premier service, it was for the blocking of unwanted calls. That is working (I think), but seeing a history log seems like an obvious part of the whole package.

Any updates on this from Ooma?

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 am

Still nothing?

I want to give Ooma the credit for reducing spam and need logs for that. Sending calls to voicemail doesn't help since the telemarketers won't leave a message.

If I don't know the blacklist is helping, I may not renew premier. (that's why I want it) Give us logs to show us what a great job you're doing!

Robert

sailcat25

Post by sailcat25 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 am

Oh, it's working alright. At least for me. It's taken some time - a few months but it is worth it. We were receiving several calls per day, every day from solicitors. I have community blacklist enabled and have been religious about blacklisting unwanted callers as they come in and, of course, we don't answer unknown (especially suspicious looking ID's) callers. I used to have blacklisted calls go to "number disconnected" but have changed to "continuous ring" - I think that is more effective since some savvy solicitor/spammers will change up their numbers if they suspect any blocking and a continuous rings eats up more of their time - even autodialers, at least that's what I suspect.

The feature to actually see who's trying to get through, how many, etc. would be nice to have. Easy to implement? Ooma?

Dan

Morac

Post by Morac » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I'd like to see this as well. It's one of the things I miss about Comcast's phone service.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:19 pm

This would be a very helpful feature.

Dealing with the robocaller telemarketers is a serious business. We need to know if we are successful in blocking them.