Need 2 Phone Lines Ringing into my home

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
samson
Need 2 Phone Lines Ringing into my home

Post by samson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 pm

I need some help as to the best way to accomplish this. Here's the situation:

I have an existing phone line/number that I would like to port to OOMA from qwest. I would like to add a new phone line/number from ooma so that I have 2 lines ringing into my home. The new line/number will be my Main line. I only need to be able to call out on the Main line(with that calledID showing to callers). I expect to use the Premier servcie.

I am not sure about the best way to acomplish this. Can I do it with 1 Telo or do I need 2? If 2 are needed what type of setup is needed to get them to work together?

Thanks, :D

Samson

murphy

Re: Need 2 Phone Lines Ringing into my home

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:59 pm

You can do it with one Telo.
If you need to be able to talk on both phone numbers at the same tim you will also need a Telo Handset.
Activate the Telo in non-landline (stand alone) mode and pick your new number.
When you port the Quest number call support and specify that you want that numbet to be your second number.

Calls to either number will ring all phones.
Calls made either with the phone(s) connected to the phone port or the Telo handset will use the main number by default.
If you ever want to make a call using the second number precede the called number with **1.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

samson

Post by samson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks Murphy!

1 more questions. Is there are trick to getting 2 telos to work on the same internet conection? (We already have a home phone on an existing Telo)

Samson

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 pm

If you put them behind your router they will work fine.
If you want to put them in series ahead of your router you have to change the IP subnet of the DHCP server in one of them.
Change it from 172.27.35.1 to 172.27.36.1
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx