Phone Number selection

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
JGoble
Phone Number selection

Post by JGoble » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:08 pm

I recently subscribed to the Premier service and, as a result, I was able to pick a second line phone number. I want to change that number. How do I do that? Can I do that?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Phone Number selection

Post by Bobby B » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

You need to call into support to remove a 2nd number - there's no way to do it on My Ooma.
Bobby B

JGoble

Post by JGoble » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks. I emailed support but they didn't respond. Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like there should be an easier process. Now I know why people are frustrated with the process.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:41 pm

JGoble wrote:Thanks. I emailed support but they didn't respond. Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like there should be an easier process. Now I know why people are frustrated with the process.
Try Randy (I believe was his name) from OOMA CS @ 925-XXX-XXXX. He seems like he is very interested in improving OOMA CS.

Moderator Note: Please don't post personal phone numbers on a public forum - if you need to share a number with another user, please do so through a personal message.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

We don't allow customers to remove phone numbers online because there are costs associated with provisioning the caller-ID with a phone number. So if you really want to remove a number, you need to call into support.
Bobby B

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 am

EA PA wrote:
JGoble wrote:Thanks. I emailed support but they didn't respond. Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like there should be an easier process. Now I know why people are frustrated with the process.
Try Randy (I believe was his name) from OOMA CS @ 925-XXX-XXXX. He seems like he is very interested in improving OOMA CS.

Moderator Note: Please don't post personal phone numbers on a public forum - if you need to share a number with another user, please do so through a personal message.

If this is his personal number, I sincerely apologize to him for posting it and also for any inconvenience this may have created him. I have removed other referral posts.

That said, may I suggest to you (OOMA) that when OOMA CS rep calls me in a business related matter, represents himself as CS, indicates that he is involved in a company wide initiative to improve CS and the overall OOMA user experience and finally, suggests that he is always available at that number for any other CS related issues, that he use a business phone and not a personal device.

As always, my time spent in this forum is to both educate myself and concurrently share my experiences where I can in support of other users. Accordingly, my motives in this post were a sincere effort to assist a frustrated user. My referral was consistent (I thought) with your CS rep message of improving communications between users and OOMA, the business.

In the future, I will not refer to any of your CS numbers beyond what you have published herein as I cannot discern between your business and private numbers.

Once again, please offer my sincere apologies to Randy.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier