second line with Premier

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Sylvia Hayes
second line with Premier

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:17 pm

How can the second line be used with premier? Can I make outgoing calls to my other number with it?
slhayes

Sylvia Hayes

Re: second line with Premier

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I forgot to say I do have the Ooma handset.
slhayes

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Numbers attached to the same main device (Telo, Hub) can not call each other. Will just get voicemail.

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 am

You can use the intercom function to call back and forth between handsets or a handset and your base-connected phones. In case I misunderstood your question, you can also choose which outgoing number is shown for caller ID when calling from either the handset or the base-connected phones.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

parmm

Post by parmm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

But you can receive and talk on two different lines provided you have a Telo connected to regular housephones and a OOMA handset can't you?? And if you can, does the incoming call switch to the line that is not busy?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

parmm wrote:But you can receive and talk on two different lines provided you have a Telo connected to regular housephones and a OOMA handset can't you??
Yes, you can make and receive two simultaneous calls on the same number if you have a Telo and a Telo Handset.
parmm wrote:And if you can, does the incoming call switch to the line that is not busy?
Yes, a 2nd incoming call would use the 2nd line to ring the phones that are not currently being used on the 1st line.
Bobby B

parmm

Post by parmm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks Bobby, that is what I thought I understood. But some of the previous posts confused me. I already have Premier, but don't have second number assigned. They can't seem to get anything in my area code :?: ? Ordered handset and when I get it I will have to call for the second line.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:25 pm

You can have two simultaneous calls in progress with only one phone number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Ely

Post by Ely » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:30 am

parmm wrote: They can't seem to get anything in my area code :?: ?
You can always check and see if Google Voice has a number in your area, then use it with your second virtual number from Ooma? that's what I will do when I receive my Telo handset, Ooma does have plenty of local numbers for me, but I intentionally got a number from another area code as my second virtual number, so my family who lives there can call me with no long distance charges, so I give them the virtual number, and my Google Voice # which is a local area code to all others, a win win situation :) man I love the possibilities of Ooma!
System: Ooma Telo
Mbps: 68 Down / 12 Up
PING TIME: 5Ms
Modem>Router>Telo
===========================
Eli Linares @
http://www.realact.net
===========================

parmm

Post by parmm » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 am

Ely wrote:
parmm wrote: They can't seem to get anything in my area code :?: ?
You can always check and see if Google Voice has a number in your area, then use it with your second virtual number from Ooma? that's what I will do when I receive my Telo handset, Ooma does have plenty of local numbers for me,......
Not where I live. Beginning to think I live in the armpit of the US! We don't even have a Costco anywhere with in a couple hurdred miles. All the numbers I've found are over 50 miles away and would normally be a long distance call under my old landline. And I am so far behind times, just what the heck is Google Voice? Guess I will have to Yahoo that one.