Bluetooth Call Transfer

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lbmofo
Re: Bluetooth Call Transfer

Post by lbmofo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 pm

C'mon, give the guy a break. Things could be happening while typing...maybe a conf call, maybe a doughnut party with only 1 left to grab. :P

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 pm

lbmofo wrote:C'mon, give the guy a break. Things could be happening while typing...maybe a conf call, maybe a doughnut party with only 1 left to grab. :P
A break is certainly possible. I teach others how to give breaks, too. Ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame performed from a hon-gesa-gatame position is a favorite. But how will that redound as greater care in proofing (or in software testing)? I doubt the benefit.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

nn5i wrote:
lbmofo wrote:C'mon, give the guy a break. Things could be happening while typing...maybe a conf call, maybe a doughnut party with only 1 left to grab. :P
A break is certainly possible. I teach others how to give breaks, too. Ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame performed from a hon-gesa-gatame position is a favorite. But how will that redound as greater care in proofing (or in software testing)? I doubt the benefit.
Hon-gesa-gatame seems to be okay?

But Ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame seems to need a little content. :)

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 pm

lbmofo wrote:Hon-gesa-gatame seems to be okay?

But Ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame seems to need a little content. :)
Ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame is a somewhat generic term, but here's an ude-hishigi-hiza-gatame performed from hon-gesa-gatame. It's very similar to mine, but not identical. http://www.judo-ch.jp/english/dictionary/technique/katame/kansetu/udehiza
That's my first attempt to insert a link, and it didn't come out quite as I intended, but it still seems to work.

tegelad

Post by tegelad » Mon May 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for the input ... I finally got the telo charging dock that worked .... and boy what a PiTA to setup for conference calls :)

I end up doing this ... which IMTO is a horrible customer experience.

1. Select Intercom Button
2. Select bluetooth handset and hit green button (or call soft option)
3. Mute the telo
4. Hold the intercom call on Line 1
5. Dial the number and any other fun bits (conf call e.g.) (usually select speakerphone option)
6. Mute that line also
7. hit menu button (while ringing setting up call ...)
8. join calls .....
9. turn off speaker phone and throw the phone in the charging dock ....

I feel like I can enter this into Rube Goldberg's how to dial a conference call option :)

+-ADT
slim2169 wrote:
tegelad wrote:What happens with the three-way call (per the procedure above) if you hangup the telo handset?
It hangs up the call. I am not using a Telo handset myself, just an older tethered plantronics headset and it's a pain in the butt to have to go over to the telo base and hit both 1 and 2 to conference the call and then leave the plantronics off the hook the whole time I am on the call. Really ticks me off since I just bought all this stuff and right after setting it up Ooma breaks it so I can't do what I bought it for in the first place. And their support really seems to be lacking...

ronmwhite

Post by ronmwhite » Tue May 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Bobby B wrote:Is the workaround I mention below not working for you? To be clearer, you'd:

1. Make or receive the call on the Telo Handset
2. After the call is connected, press the intercom button, and choose the Bluetooth headset from the list call.
3. Pick up the intercom call on your Bluetooth headset
4. On the Telo Handset, press "Menu" and select the 3-way conf option to bridge the Bluetooth headset with the call.
I would not say it works. It ties up two lines and seams to impair the voice quality. Also, unless I put the phone handset in the other room I hear an echo. This needs to be fixed soonest.

ronmwhite

Post by ronmwhite » Tue May 03, 2011 3:40 pm

tegelad wrote: I am a new ooma guy (not new to voip) and am really intrested in getting the bluetooth option working (have the adapter and using a plantronics voyager pro+ with it ...) I spend "hours" daily on conference calls and really would like this :)
I am in conf calls all day as well. Again, this more or less makes my service useless.

ronmwhite

Post by ronmwhite » Tue May 03, 2011 4:02 pm

tegelad wrote:.... and boy what a PiTA to setup for conference calls :)
Yes. Even when it works it is a painful experience but tolerable given the quality/price. The biggest issue with conference calls is the inability to use the handset keypad once transfered. I hear that you may be able to flash to the handset to use the keypad but have not tried it yet as the ability to transfer a call does not exist at this time (it does not work with the 3-way-call work around).

This needs to be fixed Ooma!

cjohnston

Post by cjohnston » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

I have the same issue with my bluetooth headset, but it used to work fine up until about 1 month ago. Originally, when I used the intercom feature to transfer the call to my headset, it would continue to only use 1 phone line and the handset would "hang up" from the call so that my headset was the only device that was active during the call. Since I rebooted my Telo in the early part of April, it's never worked the same. Now I have to use the 3-way conferencing to get my headset on a call with the intercom.

It's ridiculous that you would have to use your second phone line to use your headset. It's also crazy that it used to work as expected, but the support reps want to go down the path of how compatible my headset is with the Telo.... like my headset is going to force the Telo to use a second line.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 am

Our development team has submitted the fix for bug 10887. The next step is to have our QA team verify the bug fix and then integrate it into the next release image. I'm not sure about timing of these last two steps yet, but I would guess it'd be at least a few weeks out.
Bobby B