Very Low Sound On Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lbmofo
Re: Very Low Sound On Voicemail

Post by lbmofo » Mon May 02, 2011 11:31 am

Pressing the speaker button will cycle through the different volume settings.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

You tap the button.
The Ooma symbol will flash red.
The volume level will be announced over the speaker.
They range from off, 1, 2, 3, 4, off
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

zgolfin16

Post by zgolfin16 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:42 am

I tapped the button, and the logo flashed red, but nothing was announced over the speaker, and I still can't hear anything.

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

zgolfin16 wrote:I tapped the button, and the logo flashed red, but nothing was announced over the speaker, and I still can't hear anything.
I have the same problem. However I discovered that if I tap the VM play button and then tap the volume button, I get the sound count. But only until the VM lady stops speaking. Then no more volume sound. :?: :?:
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm

kdmc69 wrote:
zgolfin16 wrote:I tapped the button, and the logo flashed red, but nothing was announced over the speaker, and I still can't hear anything.
I have the same problem. However I discovered that if I tap the VM play button and then tap the volume button, I get the sound count. But only until the VM lady stops speaking. Then no more volume sound. :?: :?:
Try after a reboot.

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 am

lbmofo wrote:
kdmc69 wrote:
Try after a reboot.
Yes, it does work again after a reboot. But, this is the second time in a week that the sound has disappeared.
Just wondering what might be causing it. It has not affected the operation of the Telo. It keeps on purring away.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 am

It happened to me once so I knew rebooting would solve the issue. Not sure why this is happening but I reported it to the Ooma team.

Paul52

Post by Paul52 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:54 am

My volume is unacceptable. The voice prompts are set at 4 and could be louder but the voicemail is nearly inaudible. My Ooma is less than a week old and has the latest firmware. I do not have landline integration. I have not ported my landline.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 am

Paul52 wrote:My volume is unacceptable. The voice prompts are set at 4 and could be louder but the voicemail is nearly inaudible. My Ooma is less than a week old and has the latest firmware. I do not have landline integration. I have not ported my landline.
I would take my Ooma device back to the place of purchase for exchange. After you obtain your replacement Ooma Device, you have to contact Ooma Customer Service to have them transfer devices in your My Ooma account.
Or contact Ooma Customer Service and have them send you a replacement Ooma device. Shipping is prepaid both ways and all you have to do is plug in the replacement device because it comes already setup in your account.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

QCK

Post by QCK » Fri May 06, 2011 4:01 am

Paul52 wrote:My volume is unacceptable. I have not ported my landline.
The sound level should be fine once your number is ported, at least that was my experience.