Very Low Sound On Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Paul52
Re: Very Low Sound On Voicemail

Post by Paul52 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:20 pm

QCK wrote:
Paul52 wrote:My volume is unacceptable. I have not ported my landline.
The sound level should be fine once your number is ported, at least that was my experience.
It makes no sense for the sound level to be better after porting the number as Ooma is using the internet before and after porting. I have not integrated my landline with Ooma. This is a separate install.

I installed a new Telo for a family member today. The voice prompt and voicemail volume work as expected. I have contacted Ooma technical support and will be receiving a new box as they have determined this box to be defective and want it back for analysis.

My advice is that if it doesn't "sound" right contact Ooma right away and be firm about replacing the defective box. Don't accept a refurb either.

QCK

Post by QCK » Wed May 11, 2011 4:47 am

I agree it does not make sense, that is why I started this thread, but once the porting was done the recording volume was and is fine...

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 am

QCK, your low volume issue during landline integration mode and then having it gone after number port makes sense.

However, when Ooma is already in standalone mode, number port shouldn't make any difference so the low volume issue there is related to hardware most likely.

forceman

Post by forceman » Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 am

I just installed Ooma a few days ago. I have the same issue that the voice from the device is fine but the actual voice mail is so low and its unacceptable. Sounds strange to be a hardware issue because the voice of the machine is just fine. I have not gone thru the number port yet but I really do not think it makes difference.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 am

forceman, are you in landline integration mode? Meaining you are using your own number with Ooma?

forceman

Post by forceman » Wed May 11, 2011 12:08 pm

No, I am using a new number picked from Ooma site during activating.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Are you forwarding your home phone to your new Ooma number and then having your Ooma number multi-ring your GV?

forceman

Post by forceman » Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Well, I did forward my home phone to Ooma and multi-ring to GV.
Since it did not working for me. I have been forward home phone to Ooma and nulti ring to my cell phone. It is the same.
I also tried to call from my home phone to Ooma and it did not make any difference.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 pm

forceman wrote:Well, I did forward my home phone to Ooma and multi-ring to GV.
Since it did not working for me. I have been forward home phone to Ooma and nulti ring to my cell phone. It is the same.
I also tried to call from my home phone to Ooma and it did not make any difference.
You are saying that even when you have multiring going to your cell (not GV) google voice is still picking up?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 11, 2011 2:56 pm

forceman wrote:Well, I did forward my home phone to Ooma and multi-ring to GV.
Currently, Ooma's multi-ring and forward all does not work if call coming in is already forwarded.
Calls coming in from another Ooma number also do not multi-ring, forward all.
When they don't work, phones attached to Ooma ring and if no one answers, go into Ooma VM.