Distributing to house jacks; two lines

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: Distributing to house jacks; two lines

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 23, 2011 8:30 am

First press the Envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Then press it again until it turns blue. Than listen for the Ooma dial tone, which is different from a regular, like the AT&T dial tone.
Than test call yourself or have someone else call your Ooma number.

If that doesn't work, test by connecting a corded phone only to the Ooma Phone port, to eliminate any other phone or house wiring loading down the Ooma phone system.

Note: for the step if you need help many others on this forum can give better instructions than me.

When you connected the Ooma phone system to the house phone wiring, did you disconnect the old phone provider phone wires where it comes into the house from the street. If you didn't this will cause this problem and may damage the Ooma phone system.

southsound

Re: Distributing to house jacks; two lines

Post by southsound » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am

frogman_usn wrote:A little help here, I am not sure what is going on but my Ooma has been working great for a year now. Still have the blue light, but from time to time when I call out I dont here the ringing in my ear..the other side just picks up and says "hello?" Also from time to time I call my Ooma from my cell and my house line does not ring..it just goes into the Ooma VM. I do have the RJ-11 plugged into the phone port on the HUB not the Wall port. I have the line going from my Hub to the wall jack in my house to distribute the calls to all the jacks in the house.

P.S. I am using the older Hub, not the Telo.
I would suggest starting new thread for this completely separate issue. You will get better advice and not muddy up a thread where different problem has been identified and solved.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.