Consumer Reports Users Survey Rates OOMA #1

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
roadshow
Re: Consumer Reports Users Survey Rates OOMA #1

Post by roadshow » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:26 am

kettledrum wrote:I had never heard of Ooma until I saw this in Consumer Reports. I now have an Ooma Telo and am satisfied enough that I initiated a port of my landline today. :)
That's awesome! You won't be sorry.

dlow

Post by dlow » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 am

I can't be sure from the picture but, it looks like Reliability and Call Quality were scored quite low.

Only Value was high. Is this correct?

jhphone

Re: OOMA #1 VOIP in Consumer Reports Magazine

Post by jhphone » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 am

Bobby B wrote:Consumer Reports actually did more than just post their user survey results. Based on the article and what I've heard, they actually setup and tried Ooma with positive results. They also interviewed real Ooma customers to get their feedback on the product and service. I'm not sure if they did this extra research for all the products/services listed in the table, or if Ooma was singled out because it came out on top in the user survey results.
CU would be of actual, real-world value if they would publish how to duplicate their "positive results" setup.

Ooma is a total fail in my neighborhood.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:20 am

dlow wrote:I can't be sure from the picture but, it looks like Reliability and Call Quality were scored quite low.

Only Value was high. Is this correct?
ConsumerReportsRatings.JPG
ConsumerReportsRatings.JPG (2.13KiB)Viewed 3583 times
[/size]
Value = Excellent, Reliability = Good, Call Quality = Good

lbmofo

Re: OOMA #1 VOIP in Consumer Reports Magazine

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 am

jhphone wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Consumer Reports actually did more than just post their user survey results. Based on the article and what I've heard, they actually setup and tried Ooma with positive results. They also interviewed real Ooma customers to get their feedback on the product and service. I'm not sure if they did this extra research for all the products/services listed in the table, or if Ooma was singled out because it came out on top in the user survey results.
CU would be of actual, real-world value if they would publish how to duplicate their "positive results" setup.

Ooma is a total fail in my neighborhood.
Seems to me, most folks experience "positive results." Otherwise Ooma wouldn't be ranked #1.