Port completed, all call received EXCEPT from Verizon Wirele

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Candymec
Port completed, all call received EXCEPT from Verizon Wirele

Post by Candymec » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 am

My phone number was successfully transferred from an AT&T land line. I am receiving calls, but if anyone tries to reach me from their Verizon wireless phone, they get the message that "this number has been disconnected". I have tested this with multiple Verizon customers. OOMa call center was not helpful, in fact rude. I called Verizon and they did not know what to do. AT&T, I can't find out who to call. HELP

thunderbird

Re: Port completed, all call received EXCEPT from Verizon Wirele

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 am

Candymec wrote:My phone number was successfully transferred from an AT&T land line. I am receiving calls, but if anyone tries to reach me from their Verizon wireless phone, they get the message that "this number has been disconnected". I have tested this with multiple Verizon customers. OOMa call center was not helpful, in fact rude. I called Verizon and they did not know what to do. AT&T, I can't find out who to call. HELP
That means that Verizon probably doesn't have your phone number removed from all of their data bases yet.

Contact Ooma Customer Serivce:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Also have the poeple that are trying to call you, contact their phone service provider and complain that they can't reach your number.

Candymec

Post by Candymec » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 am

Ooma customer service told me to call AT&T. Verizon customer called Verizon and Verizon said it was not their problem.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 am

Candymec wrote:Ooma customer service told me to call AT&T. Verizon customer called Verizon and Verizon said it was not their problem.
My last suggestion wasn't quite correct. Probably somewhere in AT&T's data bases your phone number hasn't been removed. So when the call is placed, it isn't directed to Ooma, it's directed to AT&T, and it dead ends there.

The best approch is to have the people that can't get through to you, call their phone provicer an complain that they can't reach you.

I would E-mail Ooma saying that Verizon calls won't go through, again.

I would also call AT&T, again.

You might get someone that cares if you call enough. Remember you just left AT&T and they don't really care anymore.

Candymec

Post by Candymec » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:46 am

thanks I will try your suggestion

Candymec

Post by Candymec » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 am

Thank you for your suggestions. I emailed OOMA support ,as opposed to calling and they helped me fix the problem. :D

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 am

Candymec wrote:Thank you for your suggestions. I emailed OOMA support ,as opposed to calling and they helped me fix the problem. :D
Great!

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 am

thunderbird wrote:
Candymec wrote:Thank you for your suggestions. I emailed OOMA support ,as opposed to calling and they helped me fix the problem. :D
Great!
E-mail rocks... I avoid voice whenever I can.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

jgkoss

Post by jgkoss » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 pm

What was the problem? I'm having issues where I have a Verizon cell phone and anyone calling me from Ooma (4 different systems) gets the message that my phone number has been disconnected, but no one has trouble calling me from a land line. I know of someone else that is having the exact same issue.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

jgkoss wrote:What was the problem? I'm having issues where I have a Verizon cell phone and anyone calling me from Ooma (4 different systems) gets the message that my phone number has been disconnected, but no one has trouble calling me from a land line. I know of someone else that is having the exact same issue.
Usually the problem is that the Verizon cell phone number is missing or entered incorrectly in a data base somewhere.
You have to contact Ooma Customer Support to get it corrected. To take a two pronged approch you should also contact Verizon and other people trying to call you can't get through. You should be ready to supply dates, times and phone numbers of the parties that are calling your Verizon cell phone number.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST