all lights blue, can't call anyone

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kiachetta
all lights blue, can't call anyone

Post by kiachetta » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

I followed the instructions. I listened to my "welcome to Ooma" voice mail.

But I can't call anyone. When I pick up my phone, I hear a couple of musical tones, then a soft dial tone kind of sound. I dial a number. Then I hear what may be a dial tone, maybe a busy signal -- every time. When I use my land line, no problem.

I see from some posts here that it's ok if all the blue lights are lit. So what is wrong? I've checked all my connections, restarted the router . . . Please help. Thanks.

lbmofo

Re: all lights blue, can't call anyone

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Are you dialing local numbers with area code? To call local numbers with area code, you can go to https://my.ooma.com/system to enable 10 digit dialing.

kiachetta

Post by kiachetta » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for your response. I did enable 10 digit dialing, but I still don't get through -- a busy sound, then a dial tone. Any other ideas? thanks.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm

kiachetta wrote:Thanks for your response. I did enable 10 digit dialing, but I still don't get through -- a busy sound, then a dial tone. Any other ideas? thanks.
Have you tried removing power from your modem, Ooma device and router. Then repower the modem, when the modem is done repowering (booting), repower the Ooma device or what ever device is next in line. When that device is done booting, repower the last device in line. Then test.

kiachetta

Post by kiachetta » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Yes, I did that. No change.

Are all the blue lights really supposed to be on? The quick start guide made it sound like only the Ooma icon should be lit.

Also, is it strange to anyone else that I could get my welcome voice mail message even though I can't call anyone?

Thanks again . . .

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 pm

kiachetta wrote:Yes, I did that. No change.

Are all the blue lights really supposed to be on? The quick start guide made it sound like only the Ooma icon should be lit.

Also, is it strange to anyone else that I could get my welcome voice mail message even though I can't call anyone?

Thanks again . . .
Your Ooma profile might not be setup correctly.

You could contact Ooma Customer Support, maybe they can see something from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 pm

In the meantime, one other thing you can try is to power off ooma for at least 20 minutes so that when you power backup, connectivity build up can start from scratch.

kiachetta

Post by kiachetta » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

Tried repowering . . . no difference.

But I can receive calls, I've discovered . . . so I am connected . . . just can't call out.

I emailed customer support.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:16 pm

From the logs it appears like no dialed digits are being detected by the Telo. Do you have the phone connected directly to the Telo PHONE port (and not through your home wiring)?

As a test, try having someone place an inbound call to your Telo and pick up the phone. Try pressing digits on your phone and ask the person you're talking to if they hear the DTMF tones on their end.

What happens if you try a different phone or a different phone cable - do you experience the same results?
Bobby B

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

By any chance, phone in pulse dialing mode and not touchtone?