Caller ID on TV

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
bjanton
Caller ID on TV

Post by bjanton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:50 pm

We have Ooma Premier but Caller ID does not show on TV. We ported our # and disconnected land line. ID shows up on our handsets just great but not on TV. We have Direct TV and I went into the menu and hit caller id and erased all previous ids and made sure it was turned on but still does not work. This is a feature that my wife really likes and would like to fix it for her. I read that someone had changed the # in the receiver by placing 99 in front of the # but do not know to do this. Hope someone can help. Bob

thunderbird

Re: Caller ID on TV

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:17 pm

bjanton wrote:We have Ooma Premier but Caller ID does not show on TV. We ported our # and disconnected land line. ID shows up on our handsets just great but not on TV. We have Direct TV and I went into the menu and hit caller id and erased all previous ids and made sure it was turned on but still does not work. This is a feature that my wife really likes and would like to fix it for her. I read that someone had changed the # in the receiver by placing 99 in front of the # but do not know to do this. Hope someone can help. Bob
Maybe this will help.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11352&p=79220&hilit ... +TV#p79220

bjanton

Post by bjanton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. This was the post that gave me the 99 idea but cannot come up with the settings thing on my box. Will try again. I have tried the rest except my TV and the telo are 2 far apart.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:56 pm

The *99 prefix is only used to select a codec that is more data friendly - it should have no effect on your caller ID.

I am sure you have already checked this, but just to be sure, you have plugged the satellite box into the PHONE jack on the Telo - not the WALL jack, right?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

celblazer

Post by celblazer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:03 pm

My caller Id works the same with ooma as verizon land line did. It will work for a while then stop then work. Its the directv box not the ooma causing the problem. If I reset my directv box it will work for a while then stop. A reset usually fixes it for a bit.

Did you make sure the Directv box is hooked to the ooma line port with the cordless phone?

bjanton

Post by bjanton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 am

The direct tv box is plugged into the wall jack and it works to order movies over the telo. The telo is in a different room and is plugged into the wall jack. Would that distribute throughout the house? The reset did not work.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 am

bjanton wrote:The direct tv box is plugged into the wall jack and it works to order movies over the telo. The telo is in a different room and is plugged into the wall jack. Would that distribute throughout the house? The reset did not work.
Take a corded phone into the room where the Direct TV is plugged into a wall phone port. Unplugg the Direct TV phone cord and plug it into the corded phone. Test and make a phone call to make sure that the Direct TV phone port is working.

bjanton

Post by bjanton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:32 am

Found an old cord phone and tried it but did not work, tried it in other wall ports that I knew had been working and the cord phone did not work with them either. I think the wall port must be active as I have ordered movies through the direct tv box since disconnected from the land line and it worked.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 am

bjanton wrote:Found an old cord phone and tried it but did not work, tried it in other wall ports that I knew had been working and the cord phone did not work with them either. I think the wall port must be active as I have ordered movies through the direct tv box since disconnected from the land line and it worked.
What's the model numbe of your Direct TV box?

bjanton

Post by bjanton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 am

HR23-700