Help! I can't get rid of verizon!!!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
aicitman
Help! I can't get rid of verizon!!!

Post by aicitman » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

I have nothing against paying a monthly phone bill. I have something against verizon. A lot of things, to be accurate.

And, apparently, they have something against me.

I recently ported my Verizon number to Ooma. They set a date of 2 weeks later, and after 2 weeks, they claim that the port completed successfully. My experience with ooma is, they don't lie. (they do dime and nickel you, though.) My experience with verizon is, that there promises are totally false. Which is why I'm posting my question here.

The port actually did complete successfully, although, when calling locally from another verizon phone, the automated operator claims the phone has been disconnected. But when I try to call from any other phone service (including Verizon Wireless), it works perfectly. When contacting verizon, they either didn't understand the problem (about 80% of the people there I spoke to or emailed), denied the problem (5%), claimed that it was a problem by ooma (10%), or just got frustrated and slammed the phone on me (5%. That person was one of the supervisors).

The problem is relatively simple to fix. Delete the number from the local calling database. (verizon's).

Does any body have any advice for me to try?!

ntoy

Re: Help! I can't get rid of verizon!!!

Post by ntoy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm

aicitman wrote:I have nothing against paying a monthly phone bill. I have something against verizon. A lot of things, to be accurate.

And, apparently, they have something against me.

I recently ported my Verizon number to Ooma. They set a date of 2 weeks later, and after 2 weeks, they claim that the port completed successfully. My experience with ooma is, they don't lie. (they do dime and nickel you, though.) My experience with verizon is, that there promises are totally false. Which is why I'm posting my question here.

The port actually did complete successfully, although, when calling locally from another verizon phone, the automated operator claims the phone has been disconnected. But when I try to call from any other phone service (including Verizon Wireless), it works perfectly. When contacting verizon, they either didn't understand the problem (about 80% of the people there I spoke to or emailed), denied the problem (5%), claimed that it was a problem by ooma (10%), or just got frustrated and slammed the phone on me (5%. That person was one of the supervisors).

The problem is relatively simple to fix. Delete the number from the local calling database. (verizon's).

Does any body have any advice for me to try?!
Hello,

See if you can escalate up the chain to a manager or engineering.

ydnar723
Location:Maine...yes that place in between Canada and Boston

Post by ydnar723 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:38 pm

They didn't route your number (without getting too technical) in their switch when you ported out, they meaning Verizon. Essentially the LNP triggers that should have/would have been placed when Verizon got your request to port.

Because it is entirely difficult at times for a phone company to listen, and wasting time making calls to an edcuated person there, I would also suggest trying this, if you know someone who has Verizon service, have them call in a trouble that they can't call you and have them play dumb if need be that they called you not long ago and it worked and you are a Verizon customer too (even though you really are not but at least this might aide an escalation to an engineer or switch person) which in turn they would realize the number ported away once they figure out they don't own your number anymore.

I would still try escalating yourself but with my Verizon experiences and as much as it can stink to ask someone else to do this, it gets the pressure on them. THis would create two escalations for you, but you have to do something to get their attention.....

aicitman

Post by aicitman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:00 pm

ydnar723 wrote:They didn't route your number (without getting too technical) in their switch when you ported out, they meaning Verizon. Essentially the LNP triggers that should have/would have been placed when Verizon got your request to port.

Because it is entirely difficult at times for a phone company to listen, and wasting time making calls to an edcuated person there, I would also suggest trying this, if you know someone who has Verizon service, have them call in a trouble that they can't call you and have them play dumb if need be that they called you not long ago and it worked and you are a Verizon customer too (even though you really are not but at least this might aide an escalation to an engineer or switch person) which in turn they would realize the number ported away once they figure out they don't own your number anymore.

I would still try escalating yourself but with my Verizon experiences and as much as it can stink to ask someone else to do this, it gets the pressure on them. THis would create two escalations for you, but you have to do something to get their attention.....
Great Idea! I actually do have verizon service (in another house), and I might try it. But, it still would take an hour, getting through all those unintelligent ladies there till I get to a switch manager. If anyone has a faster way of getting there, please post.

aicitman

Post by aicitman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Finally!!!
After giving up on support from Verizon and Ooma. After filing a complaint to the fcc (that accomplished nothing).
After six months of using a google voice number, Verizon finally updated their databases!!! :D :D

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:38 am

aicitman wrote:Finally!!!
After giving up on support from Verizon and Ooma. After filing a complaint to the fcc (that accomplished nothing).
After six months of using a google voice number, Verizon finally updated their databases!!! :D :D
Congratulations! :D