Flashing red logo

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
zamboknee
Flashing red logo

Post by zamboknee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:52 am

I picked up the phone this morning and got a busy signal.
Went downstairs to look at the Ooma Telo and saw that the logo was flashing red. I unplugged it from router, plugged and unplugged the power, restarted router.
The flashing logo went away but then the "1" and "2" buttons were flashing blue.
I went upstairs to go on the Ooma website for answers and just happened to try the phone again and IT WORKED.
Can anyone tell me why this happened?
No storms last night, ooma's on a surger protector.

lbmofo

Re: Flashing red logo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 am

Make sure you use built in modem port mac address even if you have your Ooma behind the router.

viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:22 am

zamboknee wrote:I picked up the phone this morning and got a busy signal.
Went downstairs to look at the Ooma Telo and saw that the logo was flashing red. I unplugged it from router, plugged and unplugged the power, restarted router.
The flashing logo went away but then the "1" and "2" buttons were flashing blue.
I went upstairs to go on the Ooma website for answers and just happened to try the phone again and IT WORKED.
No storms last night, ooma's on a surger protector.

Hello,

Software update being pushed to your box.

JLI

Post by JLI » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm

I encountered similar problems couple of times in recent two weeks:
I saw the blue logo and I picked up the phone for making a call, the Ooma Hub immediately RESTARTED and logo was flashing red.
I unplugged it from router, plugged and unplugged the power, restarted router and so on, Ooma Hub always immediately RESTARTED as long as I picked up the phone.
I powered off and on several times, the Ooma RESTART still happens all the time once I picked up the phone, around 10 minutes later and tried again to pick up the phone - it just worked.

The climate were well.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Last time I heard of this "reboot" problem, a Hub user was using a wrong power adapter. Can you check to see if you got the right power adapter plugged into your Ooma?

Note: Hub (white) and Telo (Black) use different power adapters. The thread below is related to the Hub.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9315&start=10#p64981

JLI

Post by JLI » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:01 am

The Power adpater has been used with the Ooma Hub for around two years and it works well.

I have only the Ooma Hub in my house and never have the Ooma Telo.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:14 am

JLI wrote:The Power adpater has been used with the Ooma Hub for around two years and it works well.

It's probably still worth a try to find a 12V 1000mA power adapter at least for testing. Your old power adapter might be failing.

JLI

Post by JLI » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:33 am

thunderbird wrote:
JLI wrote:The Power adpater has been used with the Ooma Hub for around two years and it works well.

It's probably still worth a try to find a 12V 1000mA power adapter at least for testing. Your old power adapter might be failing.
Thanks for reminding - just change the new power adapter now, and will let you know if the "reboot" will disappear in next couple of weeks.

JLI

Post by JLI » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:28 am

JLI wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

Thanks for reminding - just change the new power adapter now, and will let you know if the "reboot" will disappear in next couple of weeks.
The problem happens again with the new power adapter!

When picking up the phone (either try to make a call or try to answer a call), the Ooma Hub immediately REBOOT, and then the flashing the red logo with "1" & "2" in red consistently, around 1 minutes later, the logo come back to Blue; picking up again the phone and then Ooma Hub reboots again....

Does anyone can help on this problem?

Thank you in advance.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 am

JLI wrote:The problem happens again with the new power adapter!

When picking up the phone (either try to make a call or try to answer a call), the Ooma Hub immediately REBOOT, and then the flashing the red logo with "1" & "2" in red consistently, around 1 minutes later, the logo come back to Blue; picking up again the phone and then Ooma Hub reboots again....

Does anyone can help on this problem?

Thank you in advance.
The Ooma Hub may be on it's last legs?

Try a factory reset of the Hub:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

I noticed that some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success for the problem that they are having.