Top Row Blinking - No dialtone - What to do?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
anakin144
Re: Top Row Blinking - No dialtone - What to do?

Post by anakin144 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I took the Ooma to a friends house that just had Uverse installed in the last 2 weeks...it did the same thing and did not work. So I took it to a friend's house that has Comcast, same result. The lights on the back next to the lan cable aren't flashing but once or twice during the entire boot time. I don't know what is going on.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 pm

anakin144 wrote:I took the Ooma to a friends house that just had Uverse installed in the last 2 weeks...it did the same thing and did not work. So I took it to a friend's house that has Comcast, same result. The lights on the back next to the lan cable aren't flashing but once or twice during the entire boot time. I don't know what is going on.
If your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, call Ooma Customer Support and have them send you another Ooma Telo. They will have you "jump through some hops first" but they will send you another Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.

anakin144

Post by anakin144 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Ooma sent me a new unit because they said there was something wrong with the internet port. It still didn't work. I took this to a friend's house that has had Uverse installed in the last couple of weeks. It still didn't work. I took it to another friend's house that has Comcast and it did the same. I brought it back home, changed ports that I am using on the back of the router and now I am at least getting some network activity out of the lights at the LAN cable. It still is not connecting, though it is showing some signs of life.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

anakin144 wrote:Ooma sent me a new unit because they said there was something wrong with the internet port. It still didn't work. I took this to a friend's house that has had Uverse installed in the last couple of weeks. It still didn't work. I took it to another friend's house that has Comcast and it did the same. I brought it back home, changed ports that I am using on the back of the router and now I am at least getting some network activity out of the lights at the LAN cable. It still is not connecting, though it is showing some signs of life.
For a Modem-Ooma-Router connection: (A network cable is connected from the Modem to the Ooma Telo Internet port).

Access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.

If you are using DSL, you have to go into Ooma Setup and click on the Internet tab. Following connection type, click on the down arrow and select PPPoE. Under PPPoE Options: fill in user name and password. At the bottom of the page click on Update Device.

Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done repowering, repower the Router.

***OR***

For a Modem-Router-Ooma connection: (A network cable is connected to a Router LAN port to the Ooma Telo Internet port).
Access Ooma Setup by connecting a network cable from the Ooma Home port to a wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.

Go into Ooma setup and click on the Internet Tab. Following Connection type, click on the down arrow and selcet Dynamic (DHCP). At the bottom of the page click on Update Device.

Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Router. When the Router is done repowering, repower the Ooma Telo.

Make sure the phone is connected to the Ooma Telo phone port.