old main number in profile after port

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jimbro57
old main number in profile after port

Post by jimbro57 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I had a successful number port today. I cycled power on my Telo, and it seems to be working OK. I logged out of My Ooma and back in. My Ooma is not showing incoming calls to the ported number, and while the ported number is displayed at the top of the My Ooma page, when I look at my profile page, the pre-port number is still shown as my main number.

lbmofo

Re: old main number in profile after port

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Start logging into my.ooma.com using your ported number (same password).
As long as the ported in number shows up first on this list, https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers you are good.

RichardK

Post by RichardK » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:19 pm

I am experiencing the same thing. My port completed yesterday. No calls I make or receive to my ported number show up in my call log. On my phone numbers page it just shows the old number, no other numbers are shown. I am also not able to enable blacklists or add any numbers to the blacklist. Privacy page (http://my.ooma.com/privacy/) goes to an Ooma Error page.
ooma.png
ooma.png (23.28KiB)Viewed 7470 times
I can login to my.ooma.com with both my ported # and the old number and the same thing happens with either login.

jimbro57

Post by jimbro57 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I have logged in to My Ooma several times using the ported number as a username, but the only number that I see in my phone number list is the pre-port number. I also see this error page when I click on Privacy.

Tim S

Post by Tim S » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:41 am

Add me to the list as well. My number was successfully ported over yesterday and I have the exact same problems too.

1) Call logging broken
2) Privacy page brings up that error page
3) On my Profile page, my old number is listed as the "Main Number" and the ported number is not listed there.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:47 pm

I think this problem should be resolved now - can you try logging into your account to confirm?
jimbro57 wrote:I have logged in to My Ooma several times using the ported number as a username, but the only number that I see in my phone number list is the pre-port number. I also see this error page when I click on Privacy.
Bobby B

jimbro57

Post by jimbro57 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 pm

My problem appears to be resolved. I'm not sure what did it. I had sent an e-mail to Ooma support, but hadn't heard back. When I got home tonight, I rebooted my Telo again, rebooted my PC, and logged into My Ooma again. Everything works (call logging, phone numbers, privacy page, etc.) and looks right now. Good luck!

Tim S

Post by Tim S » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Looks like I'm fixed too. If this is an example of Ooma customer support, I'm a happy guy.
:D

Thank You!

RichardK

Post by RichardK » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 am

My problem was fixed on Friday, while I was on the phone with them. They said it was a known issue and would have eventually been fixed.

cmosguy

Post by cmosguy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 am

Hi there. I'm a new Telo user who recently completed my number port last Friday (Sep. 2). I've got the same symptoms described by others in this thread... my old number is listed as the "Main Number" and the ported number is not listed in the 'Phone Numbers' page, can't access Privacy page, no calls being logged. I've tried rebooting the Telo a few times, logging out of my.ooma.com, deleting cookies, etc. The problems don't get resolved. Calls to support haven't resolved it either.

I'm curious if this issue occurs to individual users, or all new ported users? If all ported users, then does this issue get resolved periodically by Ooma automatically? TIA
Customer since: 8/19/11, H/W: Telo, Number port completed: 9/2/11 from Comcast