Does Ooma Charge for Tech. Support?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rebecca
Does Ooma Charge for Tech. Support?

Post by rebecca » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 am

There is a $10 charge on my CC from Ooma. I did call for support yesterday. Is that a charge? If so, I am very unhappy given that I have only had my service a few days and need help getting started.

lbmofo

Re: Does Ooma Charge for Tech. Support?

Post by lbmofo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 am

No charge: https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates
What you are seeing maybe an authorization amount just to make sure your credit card on file is good. That shouldn't show up as a real charge.

rostedo

Post by rostedo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 am

rebecca wrote:There is a $10 charge on my CC from Ooma. I did call for support yesterday. Is that a charge?
Check to see if you have a $10 prepaid balance (for international calls) on your my.ooma.com dashboard. The set-up process pushes you through this add-on where $10 is the minimum purchase increment. Am guessing this is the charge as Ooma does not currently charge for basic support and it's large for a credit card verification.

You don't actually have to establish a prepaid balance, but the system prefers it and will nag until you do or tell it to stop asking.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

You can also get a free $1 prepaid credit, by enabling Ooma Mobile in Preferences->Ooma Mobile
rostedo wrote:You don't actually have to establish a prepaid balance, but the system prefers it and will nag until you do or tell it to stop asking.
Bobby B

Charles R

Post by Charles R » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:33 pm

rostedo wrote:
rebecca wrote:Am guessing this is the charge as Ooma does not currently charge for basic support and it's large for a credit card verification.
Is the charge pending or posted? They authorize $10 when you activate an account which eventually drops off after x number of days.