voice quality gets very poor lately

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
EFlores
Re: voice quality gets very poor lately

Post by EFlores » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 am

I have seen tremendous improvement since Friday night, all is back to normal. I am not sure if an update was already released.

DTR

Post by DTR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 am

I saw a little change towards improvement yesterday, but all my calls today are still doing it, and one was even just a minute or two into it. I hope it gets better soon as my stuff seemed to work great during the first two weeks of July (when I signed up), but the last month or so has been real bad for me!! :(

thecgmguy

Post by thecgmguy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:05 am

DTR wrote:I saw a little change towards improvement yesterday, but all my calls today are still doing it, and one was even just a minute or two into it. I hope it gets better soon as my stuff seemed to work great during the first two weeks of July (when I signed up), but the last month or so has been real bad for me!! :(
Hi DTR,

While you're waiting to hear back from ooma... can you try disconnecting power for your ooma device for 15+ minutes and re-plug? This seems to have helped me a bit... still too soon to tell but thought I'd mention it.

-M

bohicaIL

Post by bohicaIL » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

Well, after yesterday's (8-17-2011) Ooma outage the voice quality has again returned to spotty at best. I had an incident yesterday where Robovoice made the call not understandable. Two of my neighbors also reported that yesterday and today they had to give up on their calls as the incoming distortion was so bad. The distortion came quickly in the calls too.

Incidently, since the outage was in the morning, their Ooma devices (and mine) were powered off for well over 15 minutes.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:40 am

It sounds like Ooma has started to push new Ooma Telo firmware version 48460 for the Robotic voice problem.

See thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12277
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thecgmguy

Post by thecgmguy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

bohicaIL wrote:Well, after yesterday's (8-17-2011) Ooma outage the voice quality has again returned to spotty at best. I had an incident yesterday where Robovoice made the call not understandable. Two of my neighbors also reported that yesterday and today they had to give up on their calls as the incoming distortion was so bad. The distortion came quickly in the calls too.

Incidently, since the outage was in the morning, their Ooma devices (and mine) were powered off for well over 15 minutes.
I concur, the issue is still present. I'm on firmware version 47785 and the issue returned today during a couple calls. I'm not sure if it's because of the outage or if it was always present and I didn't notice it until now. In any event, the trick of unplugging for 15+ minutes didn't seem to help in the long run.

Hopefully ooma support still has my third-tier ticket open. I'd like to see if there's a way for those of us who are reporting the issue to be on the front-lines for the firmware update.

-M

DTR

Post by DTR » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

I'd like to see if there's a way for those of us who are reporting the issue to be on the front-lines for the firmware update.

-M

I would like that as well. I could tell them real quick if it's a fix for me since most every call is hosed on inbound audio. We have pretty much quit using it entirely. Only been calling Mr. Movie Phone listening to movie reviews to test inbound audio with it from time to time.

Yeap, I'm all brushed up on which movies are good and bad right now! lol

DTR

Post by DTR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 am

on the phone with Ooma right now since I haven't heard from them in four days since I opened a support ticket for the inbound garbled audio on almost evey call. I was told it was going to be moved to a higher tieir when i called in and opened it, but yet I never heard back from them. go figure!!!

So I am boldly asking them to install 48460 sooner than later in my box so I can try to use my Ooma phone. I guess we will see what they do ????

If they come back with a lame excuse (or like the girl trying to go through all my speeds and such when I called just now, like we were starting ovewr with this issue), I am going to have to cancel Ooma and get all my money back since I am still in my trial. I can't afford to sit around and let my trial run out before I get to really try Ooma without problems.

I'll post what they do (if anything).

"UPDATE"

OK, off the phone with them now. When I called the other day they claimed to send my support ticket to the tier2 of service. Well the girl didn't ever verify that, and issued me another ref# and said my issue would be raised to the next tier of service and I would hear back from them in email. Well if i'm not mistaken, they said that was happening when I called in four days ago........ geeeezzzz I guess my first support ticket got closed like everyone says happens.

Hopefully they will just load 48460 and it will fix my quite serious inbound audio issues, and I can leave them alone and they not have to worry about me (as if they were to begin with).

bohicaIL

Post by bohicaIL » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:49 pm

I don't see anything in the release notes for 48460... how can you tell it's being pushed now, out of curiosity? And if anyone reading this forum has this version, has it sent Mr. Roboto packing?
thunderbird wrote:It sounds like Ooma has started to push new Ooma Telo firmware version 48460 for the Robotic voice problem.

See thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12277

thecgmguy

Post by thecgmguy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are using ooma premiere? I'm curious if the issue is happening more for "standard" users or not.

I am NOT subscribing to ooma premiere.