old main number in profile after port

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
murphy
Re: old main number in profile after port

Post by murphy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 am

Are you logging into my.ooma using your ported number?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

cmosguy

Post by cmosguy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 am

Yes. I'm logging in using the ported number. In fact, I can't log in using the old number anymore.
Customer since: 8/19/11, H/W: Telo, Number port completed: 9/2/11 from Comcast

jimbro57

Post by jimbro57 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:25 pm

The answer to your question isn't clear to me, but if you go up the message list, there was a reply at one point from Bobby B, an Ooma moderator. He said to try it because it should have been fixed at that point Perhaps you should try to send a message to him. You can also send a trouble report to Ooma from their website (i.e., not from this message board.) Good luck!

cmosguy

Post by cmosguy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Well, it seems like my issues have been fixed. I just checked again a moment ago. After logging out and back in again, all the features worked (call logs, phone number, privacy page). Thanks to whomever fixed the issue.
Customer since: 8/19/11, H/W: Telo, Number port completed: 9/2/11 from Comcast

njneer

Post by njneer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Same here, port just completed yesterday and I login with the ported number and still shows the old number it was initially setup with. Call logs do not show anything since number has been ported.

I know they've mentioned it should fix itself but I think it would be helpful to let people knew if this is standard and wait or if its something individually we have to notify Ooma about to fix.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 pm

The following procedure helps with problems with the Ooma device itself, but I don't think anyone has tried this procedure for this problem. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.