REcommendations for best cordless phones?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Lord Vader
REcommendations for best cordless phones?

Post by Lord Vader » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 am

I was looking at upgrading my cordless phones and was looking at some Dect 6.0 systems that had at least 3 handsets. Any recommendations on which system or systems (model # would be needed, of course)? I have a gift card at ABT to use, so hopefully they'd carry the model # of any ones suggested here.

thunderbird

Re: REcommendations for best cordless phones?

Post by thunderbird » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:17 am

Lord Vader wrote:I was looking at upgrading my cordless phones and was looking at some Dect 6.0 systems that had at least 3 handsets. Any recommendations on which system or systems (model # would be needed, of course)? I have a gift card at ABT to use, so hopefully they'd carry the model # of any ones suggested here.
See topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9642&hilit=Cordless+phones

FogNoggin

Post by FogNoggin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:27 pm

My one piece of advice is to actually HOLD the phone before you buy it. I recently upgraded to a nice Panasonic DECT 6.0 system. I browsed the ratings and reviews online and also bought it online. For me, the receiver is much too small to hold comfortably for very long and I'm wishing I had gone to the store first.

The phone I bought is the Panasonic KX-TG6533B. I'm happy with it, except for the size. It feels like I'm holding a candy bar next to my head.

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Makes sense. My current AT&T cordless ones are very small themselves.

llptbird

Post by llptbird » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Lord Vader:
I have the Panasonic phone set, model# KX-TG1061. It comes with a base unit and 3 hand sets. The hand sets are cordless and regular size. Thay all come with a speaker phone and the base unit comes with an answering mechine and other features. I got it at "Sams", if you would be intrested.
Take Care:
TomP

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:09 pm

With voice mail and everything, has anyone wondered if they make one of these cordless phone systems totally WITHOUT its own answering machine? I've never needed my current answering machine on my present AT&T setup. I'd like to get a great DECT 6.0 system without an answering machine and 3 (or more) handsets, but I suppose that's asking for a lot.

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Well, I went with a Panasonic system that actually has Bluetooth capabilities to my cell phone, so that leads me to believe that I really don't need Ooma's Bluetooth adapter. My Panny phone system seems to be doing that very well so far.