Calls threatening to cancel even though CC info is RIGHT!!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mtl1104
Calls threatening to cancel even though CC info is RIGHT!!

Post by mtl1104 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm

On August 13th I received a v-mail and an email from Ooma informing me that the credit card info I had on file was invalid and needed to be updated. Both stated that Ooma had attempted to charge my card with no success. I logged onto my checking account (hooked up to the debit card used to auto-pay Ooma) and my monthly charge had already been processed successfully. I figured it was a glitch and forgot all about it.

This afternoon I received another email and v-mail from Ooma, this time threatening imminent cancellation of my service for the exact same reason. Once again I checked my checking account and this morning Ooma had successfully taken money from my debit card.

I called customer service and was told over and over I needed to supply new credit card information. I over and over told the agent that I would not furnish new credit card information until she could explain to me what was wrong with the information I had. She stated several times that it was an issue with MY bank and that Ooma was unable to process the charges. I assured her that I had my bank account right in front of me and could verify that in both instances my payment went through with no problem. After having basically the same exchange three or four times I asked to be escalated to a supervisor. I was on hold for about 5 minutes and the same agent returned to the line to inform me the supervisor was on "other calls" and would not be able to handle my call. She then started to repeat the same information she had previously, so I finally just hung up.

I have been to my Ooma account online and looked at the billing history and it reflects no difficulty processing my payment. I have been to the Ooma billing section and verified that my credit card information is valid. What do I need to give you people to make these harassing phone calls stop?

lbmofo

Re: Calls threatening to cancel even though CC info is RIGHT!!

Post by lbmofo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I'd verify that charges are being made.
https://my.ooma.com/account/billing_history

Then check billing information is up to date, correct, and complete.
https://my.ooma.com/account/billinginfo

If all in order, call customer service back and ask them to clear up what must be an error on their side.

mtl1104

Post by mtl1104 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Check my post. I did all that you are suggesting.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 am

mtl1104:
Send Ooma Moderator Bobby B a personal E-mail and see if he can intervene for you.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53

mtl1104

Post by mtl1104 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Three days later, two phone calls, two emails and a direct email to someone named "bobby b" and not only have I received NO response, Ooma has now billed my credit card TWICE for the month of September. All the while insisting my credit card info is invalid. Looks like this is a company that just takes the initial investment you give them and then completely ignores you.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:25 am

mtl1104 wrote:Three days later, two phone calls, two emails and a direct email to someone named "bobby b" and not only have I received NO response, Ooma has now billed my credit card TWICE for the month of September. All the while insisting my credit card info is invalid. Looks like this is a company that just takes the initial investment you give them and then completely ignores you.
What do you see when you go to My Ooma, https://my.ooma.com/account/billing_history ?

When you send your E-mails to Ooma Support, do you include your Ooma phone number in the E-mail?
If you haven't included your Ooma phone number, fire off another E-mail, this time include your Ooma phone number.

You could always contact your credit card company and dispute the Ooma double charge.

You could seek help from the California Attorney General's office.
http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

You could seek help with the California Better Business Bureau.
http://goldengate.bbb.org/

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:11 am

mtl1104 wrote:Three days later, two phone calls, two emails and a direct email to someone named "bobby b" and not only have I received NO response, Ooma has now billed my credit card TWICE for the month of September. All the while insisting my credit card info is invalid. Looks like this is a company that just takes the initial investment you give them and then completely ignores you.
Don't think you need to take drastic measures. Just call customer service, give them a different card or the same card and make sure they say it is good. Once that is done, if there are any erroneous charges, then you can sort that out with Ooma customer service; they are always fair.