Unexplained Ooma Charges $29.99?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
alohadude
Unexplained Ooma Charges $29.99?

Post by alohadude » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 pm

I signed up for service in 2009. I have grandfathered hub-scout plan not subject to new fees. Ooma recently contactd me asking me to provide a credit card number in my account profile saying that it was required by law. Then a couple of weeks later I see a charge of $29.99 described as miscelleneous. There is no description no invoice that I ever received. I have sent a message and if I don't hear back within reasonable time, I plan on engaging FCC. Anyone else in the same situation here? Ooma has GREAT phone service but horrible phone support. I can live with the poor support but ABSOLUTELY NOT when I feel like I'm being scammed for money. No company can legally charge your credit card without providing an invoice that is explicitly states what it is for. :x

thunderbird

Re: Unexplained Ooma Charges $29.99?

Post by thunderbird » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 pm

alohadude wrote:I signed up for service in 2009. I have grandfathered hub-scout plan not subject to new fees. Ooma recently contactd me asking me to provide a credit card number in my account profile saying that it was required by law. Then a couple of weeks later I see a charge of $29.99 described as miscelleneous. There is no description no invoice that I ever received. I have sent a message and if I don't hear back within reasonable time, I plan on engaging FCC. Anyone else in the same situation here? Ooma has GREAT phone service but horrible phone support. I can live with the poor support but ABSOLUTELY NOT when I feel like I'm being scammed for money. No company can legally charge your credit card without providing an invoice that is explicitly states what it is for. :x
Go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/account/billing_history and see if you can see a better explaination for this bill.

lbmofo

Re: Unexplained Ooma Charges $29.99?

Post by lbmofo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Do you have a Hawaii number without Premier? That would be $29.99 a year.

viewtopic.php?t=12010#p84916