ooma lost my porting request?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Pandora
Re: ooma lost my porting request?

Post by Pandora » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:05 pm

I never emailed my LOA, instead I used fax (using my Ooma hub). I have had no problem faxing using Ooma.

There have been reports of trouble when emailing stuff to the porting folks. I wish someone at Ooma would look into this.

After 2 weeks, when I called Ooma about my port. The person indicated not having received my phone bill from the number to be ported (I know it was sent). I got the name of the person, and sent it to her attention. Then after faxing it in, called her. A guy picked up the phone, but forwarded me to her. She picked up the fax, indicated they already had received it. I explained that was my bill.

Long story short, I was ported within 3 weeks of that call.

I strongly suggest you try to find someone helpful at Ooma porting, and stay with that person.

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:10 am

I do agree that some of the customer service folks seem to be either technologically challenged or don't have adequate tools to work with. I was lucky enough to talk to Carol who was willing to work in my behalf on her day off. Then I received a message from Saiyad explaining that he could not view the phone bill I had attached to the email. As a test I sent it to my daughter and she had no problem opening the file on her 10 year old computer. I vote for Carol - ooma employee of the month.

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:42 am

My CSR didn't answer my last 2 porting inquiries; and I sent it one week apart. I finally got a somewhat generic reply from the provisioning department (Saiyad) in response to my email to general support sent 2 weeks back.

I'm trying to be patient here - I really am. :D

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Try to get in touch with Carol R. She gets it. She lit a roaring bonfire under provisioning.
In the last 2 days I received no less than 3 emails from provisioning. 2 of them estimated porting on May 11, one on May 12. That's more movement from ooma in 2 days than I've seen in 2 months. Where do I nominate employee of the month?
Last edited by dogdad on Sun May 03, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:29 pm

My number just ported tonight. I got no warning that today would officially be the day. The only email I got was that they had asked my current provider to release my number today (but that I would get a followup email to confirm the date).

Everything seems to be working. I'm happy.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Patience . . . we don't need no stinking patience. As Pandora suggests, there is no substitute for a helpful, experienced CSR who actually cares about the customer. Carol R. fills the bill.
Last edited by dogdad on Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:18 pm

If you don't mind a suggestion, it may be helpful to redact the actual Ooma staff persons email. There is a chance a bot will spot it and the email address will get severely spammed.

cawags1156

Post by cawags1156 » Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

cawags1156 wrote:It will be 7 weeks on Friday. I am porting from Vonage. Just requested an update. This is a little crazy.
Carol
Port went through on April 30. It took 8 weeks.

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I guess I ended up lucky.

I faxed my port request on April 1 and called about it on April 15th. Of course, they had no record of it, but they connected me with someone in the porting dept. I faxed her my request directly and it was completed in 2 weeks.

So far so good.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 pm

Progress report. This, the 63rd day since my porting order, is the day scheduled for porting. Instead, I get an email at the end of the day stating: "Thank you for placing your order with ooma, your porting request has not been completed. We are in contacts with our carrier to get the porting completed." What did get completed was my home phone number is now a dead end, connected to nothing. Does that mean we're half way there? That's progress, I guess.

Port Complete on day 64. I'm smiling.