My Prepaid account ($80) disappeared without a trace

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lbmofo
Re: My Prepaid account ($80) disappeared without a trace

Post by lbmofo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

raylarry wrote:Interesting! ooma might removed many posts I captured yesterday on 180 days expiration discussion.
I don't think it is necessary for you to repeat the same post everywhere. Once is enough I think.

I stand by what I said before on this topic; if you didn't see the fine print when you signed up, you can't really blame Ooma for that. I am still waiting for someone to post a screen shot of what Costco.com said about the prepaid credit promotion.
lbmofo wrote:ooam_user, I see where you are coming from. However, on the flip side, is this.... if you never saw any fine print about the prepaid credit, how can you assume that it would never expire? Especially when the money isn't yours? I mean there are lots of prepaid calling cards that expire in 180 days (and you pay for them!!!).

If somone gives you a "promotional credit," wouldn't you check if and when it expires & not assume anything (unless you didn't care; by your posts, you don't seem to be in that camp)? Even if you missed the fine print on costco.com, you could have come to ooma.com, gone to support and searched for "prepaid" to get your answer. If you added your own money into prepaid account, that never expires, never a maintenance fee either.
I am sorry but I just have a hard time believing that Costco didn't make the expiration of credit clear after this post from Dennis of Ooma:
Dennis P wrote:Our relationships with our customers are of the utmost importance to us and we recognize that clarity regarding our programs and promotions are very important to building trust. In response to your posting, we have ensured that the expiration date is now clearly posted on the Costco.com site. We apologize for not making the expiration date more clear and hopefully, we have remedied this.

We chose the 90-day expiration date since the majority of our customers that have selected the $50 international credit use it within 90 days. Your feedback regarding the desire to have additional time to use the credit is appreciated. In response, we have extended the expiration of credits for this promotion from 90 days to 6 months. We hope that this provides ample time to make use of the credits.

Kat

Post by Kat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:33 pm

I also had the Costco $100 credit. That credit recently disappeared for me, too.

FWIW, I DO remember fine print about an 180 day expiration for the credit. I've been actually expecting Ooma to do exactly what they've apparently done, at some point. Actually, I'm happy that I had the credits for as long as I did.

So, I'm not upset about it, personally.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:04 am

Kat wrote:I also had the Costco $100 credit. That credit recently disappeared for me, too.

FWIW, I DO remember fine print about an 180 day expiration for the credit. I've been actually expecting Ooma to do exactly what they've apparently done, at some point. Actually, I'm happy that I had the credits for as long as I did.

Thanks for the info Kat. The expiration language you saw, was it online or a Costco store flyer?

Kat

Post by Kat » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 am

lbmofo wrote:
Kat wrote:I also had the Costco $100 credit. That credit recently disappeared for me, too.

Thanks for the info Kat. The expiration language you saw, was it online or a Costco store flyer?
I bought online. I don't honestly remember if I saw the language on Costco's website or via slickdeals/fatwallet discussions.