TELO NUMBERS ONLY LIGHT UP

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
psmsmallengines
TELO NUMBERS ONLY LIGHT UP

Post by psmsmallengines » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:58 am

Got burned (I think) on an amazon deal. Got a used telo, plugged it in, and just the numbers 1 & 2 light up. Nothing else happens at all. I had a telo once before so I know what is supposed to happen. This is a Used unit, am I missing a step that could be causing this to happen? Thanks for any help

thunderbird

Re: TELO NUMBERS ONLY LIGHT UP

Post by thunderbird » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:56 am

psmsmallengines wrote:Got burned (I think) on an amazon deal. Got a used telo, plugged it in, and just the numbers 1 & 2 light up. Nothing else happens at all. I had a telo once before so I know what is supposed to happen. This is a Used unit, am I missing a step that could be causing this to happen? Thanks for any help
If after adding power to the Ooma device, only the line number 1 & 2 lights come on, and you see no othr lights later, the bootloader has failed. This unit was probably hit by a power surge and/or lightening strick. There is no hope.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 am

psmsmallengines wrote:Got burned (I think) on an amazon deal. Got a used telo, plugged it in, and just the numbers 1 & 2 light up. Nothing else happens at all. I had a telo once before so I know what is supposed to happen. This is a Used unit, am I missing a step that could be causing this to happen? Thanks for any help
Did you activate the Telo before you plugged it in?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

psmsmallengines

Post by psmsmallengines » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

No, I did not activate the telo before I plugged it in, I was testing it to see if it would work. I thought more would happen, ie: At least ooma logo flashes etc. It is a used unit and if I activate it, how does it know it's been activated once I connect it to my router?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 am

It's MAC address has to be in Ooma's computers or it will be ignored when it tries to set up the vpn.
It will cost something like $79 to reactivate a used unit.
Hopefully the seller informed you of that fact.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

psmsmallengines

Post by psmsmallengines » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:24 am

O.K. Well that might explain things, yes, the seller did explain that about reactivation, she made it very clear, I will then try to activate it and see what happens, I had no idea that the thing would send some type of signal over the web but now that I think about it, it makes sense! I guess I wasnt thinking!! Thanks, I will try that. :D

psmsmallengines

Post by psmsmallengines » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Tried in vain to activate my used ooma telo, Was put on hold for over 1/2 hour and that does not include time talking with reps on phone. The second rep reassured me that I would not be on hold very long. I was. I hung up. Strange company, someone decides to give them a second chance and they could either careless or they just dont get it. I sent them a blunt email about it, unknown at this point what, if anything they will do about it.