Call Log has stopped working

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
lbmofo
Re: Call Log has stopped working

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm

chiefjim wrote:It is not limited to the Telo version. My legacy Ooma Hub has the same problem. No calls noted since 10/22
Does reboot help?

josephclemente

Post by josephclemente » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:30 pm

My call log stopped working today. Help!

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 pm

josephclemente wrote:My call log stopped working today. Help!
Power cycle the unit.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

wpc53

Post by wpc53 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 pm

A status update (I started this thread).

I received a response from Ooma that stated "Please be advised that the issue you reported about your Call Logs should be fixed now." and asking me to verify that it is indeed working.

To the recent posters who have asked, yes power cycling the Telo does appear to resolve the problem - temporarily. However, after the first time I did that the problem returned after a few days. At that point I contacted tech support.

Ooma has provided conflicting answers. I have been told to power cycle and also told it was purely a coincidence that the problem cleared around the time I power cycled.

Unless Ooma is willing to share some information telling me how they fixed the problem I am reluctant to say it has been permanently resolved. Is the problem that calls are not being recorded or recorded but not displayed? Did they download some sort of patch to my Telo that will be lost the next time I power cycle? Did they fix a bug in the code that accesses my Call Log and generates the display?

Unfortunately, I have had very little phone activity the past couple of days and no outgoing calls. But, a couple of political calls I ignored were logged.

I will see if Ooma will fess up to the source of the problem.

My advice is to power cycle and if the problem returns call tech support.

Gurdick

Post by Gurdick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 am

I was having the same problem with the call logs. I emailed Ooma and received 3 responses the last saying they are working on the problem. Today, I find that they have upgraded my Telo to 50603 and the call logs are working again.

niftydolphin

Post by niftydolphin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:24 am

My call logs stopped working, too, on Oct. 26. The stoppage could be related to several changes I made, all of which occurred on or near that date:

1. Blocked my outgoing caller ID
2. Started blacklisting some incoming calls.
3. Ported my old landline phone number.

Has anybody else noticed the stoppage occurred near the time they changed any of these preferences?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:33 am

niftydolphin wrote:My call logs stopped working, too, on Oct. 26. The stoppage could be related to several changes I made, all of which occurred on or near that date:

1. Blocked my outgoing caller ID
2. Started blacklisting some incoming calls.
3. Ported my old landline phone number.

Has anybody else noticed the stoppage occurred near the time they changed any of these preferences?
Try the 20 minute disconnected Ooma device. This action rebuilds your Ooma profile. After 20 minutes have past, repower the Ooma device. Make a phone call and then access My Ooma and see if your Outbound call was recorded.

jafriede

Post by jafriede » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Ooma support fixed my call log today. This was the response I received from them a couple days ago:

"My apologies for the inconvenience caused by the issue with your call logs online. Please be advised that we are currently experiencing an issue with the way the call logs are shows online. For some reason it is not updating and we are already aware of it. It is reported already to the web team and is currently working on a fix. "

I don't know if it means anything but I noticed my firmware was updated to 50832 from 49339. Whatever it was it's working now and I didn't have to reboot the Telo.

niftydolphin

Post by niftydolphin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I rebooted as was suggested and now my logs work!
Thank you.
How can you tell what firmware version you have?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm

niftydolphin wrote:I rebooted as was suggested and now my logs work!
Thank you.
How can you tell what firmware version you have?

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.