Incoming call went directly to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: Incoming call went directly to voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:25 am

Morac wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Accomplish the followng for dropped calls:.
What does all of that have to do with the phone never ringing? It's not a dropped call since the phone never rings in the first place and the call logs don't mention a received or missed call.
I'm just putting forward some things that might help.
Its not totally clear, but it seems like the Ooma Servers thinks that the home Ooma device is off-line?

But still the user's Ooma profile seems to be confused as how to direct the call?

Maybe the previous suggestion and the following two suggestions would work in combination.

Note: The factory reset should be done before making Ooma Setup adjustments.

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile/the Ooma Tunnel. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

And it looks like another Ooma Telo firmware version is coming along:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12608

mk9

Post by mk9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes, I am having the same problem and the envelope is solid blue, so the privacy setting is NOT on. Any suggestions?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 pm

mk9 wrote:Yes, I am having the same problem and the envelope is solid blue, so the privacy setting is NOT on. Any suggestions?
Besides the things previously suggested in this thread, sometimes cycling the Envelope button to yellow, then back to blue, a few times helps clear confused Ooma software.

In all cases like this it is very important that every person report their problems to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

tivoboy

Post by tivoboy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Same problem here. I was at home, wife was home in office (two phones in there)

About 1 hour later, noticed voicemail and I get an email alert that there is a voicemail. The phones literally NEVER rang.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 pm

tivoboy wrote:Same problem here. I was at home, wife was home in office (two phones in there)

About 1 hour later, noticed voicemail and I get an email alert that there is a voicemail. The phones literally NEVER rang.
That is what will happen if you have the blacklist set to forward to voice mail.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

tivoboy

Post by tivoboy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 pm

none.

i don't have any restrictions set.

lynneblack

Post by lynneblack » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 am

I still am missing calls. Every few days I hear from someone that they tried to call me and got a message: "the person you have dialed can't take your call now. Please leave a message" My privacy settings continue to reset themselves to 'medium' or 'custom' after I turn them off, but I am not sure if that is the issue or not, but I now check it two or three times a week and turn it off.

It's gotten to the point where I am now telling people to call my cell instead of my home #. I have called support they act dumbfounded. One had me change a setting in the ooma device which accomplished nothing. Support seems unable to tell me what is triggering that message, since it is clearly originated by ooma- why can't they tell me what ooma 'thinks' the call is that it initiates that message?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Try the My Ooma Call Log suggestion as seen in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12707

Also has any one tried this: Dial *#*#298 - Force configuration sync with Ooma servers?

jevonjackson

Post by jevonjackson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 am

Same problem here for the past two days. No ring, just straight to voicemail. :?:

gail

Post by gail » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:38 am

I, too, have had this happen...it happened one time about a month ago. A call went straight to voicemail without the telephone ringing. Since my ooma Core box is located out of sight I had no idea that the call I was waiting for had come in. It has not occured since.