ooma handset........searching

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
watsonj1
ooma handset........searching

Post by watsonj1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:53 am

I have a new telco unit to replace a defective and itis up and running. My ooma telephone sets only display searching and I cannot get the to communicate with the telco unit. My lines are working fine with inhome telephone system. But the ooma handsets will not work at all since the udate to the new unit

murphy

Re: ooma handset........searching

Post by murphy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:47 am

Press and hold the antenna symbol (upper right corner) until the Telo goes into registration mode.
Enter the announced code into the first handset.
Repeat process for each additional handset.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

watsonj1

Post by watsonj1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 am

I have repeated the process over and over again but my two handsets just keep .......searching.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:25 am

watsonj1 wrote:I have repeated the process over and over again but my two handsets just keep .......searching.
If the Ooma handset batteries are fully charged, and registration still doesn't work try this:
Try resetting the Telo handset(s):

Procedure to reset the Ooma Telo handset.
First, if required, go to My Ooma https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-t ... -functions, to view the Ooma Telo Handset button functions and location picture.
1. Turn off the Handset by pressing and holding the (red colored) End Call button, until the Handset goes off.
2. Press and hold the following two keys until told to release them later in this procedure:
Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
3. Turn on the Handset by pressing the (red colored) End Call button.
4. Release the two keys being held in step 2, Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
5. The Handset goes into auto registration mode.
Note: You will have to re-register the handset to the Ooma Telo.

Note: To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING, when pressing the left Soft key + the 0 (zero) key, you must Continue to HOLD DOWN These Keys while turning handset back on.
Then and only then will the handset enter the registration mode, which then allows you to input the four digit code.

Register the Ooma Telo Handset:
Find the 4-digit PIN number for your Ooma Telo by logging into:
http://my.ooma.com/pin
Bring the handset next to the Ooma Telo.
Set the Ooma Telo in registration mode by pressing and holding the Paging Key located on the upper right hand face of the Ooma Telo for 3 seconds. The Paging Key will start flashing rapidly.
When prompted on the handset, enter the PIN number found above and press the OK soft key.
When the handset successfully registers, a home screen will be displayed.

You could also do a factory reset of the Ooma Telo.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

If this doesn’t work, call customer service and report problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

watsonj1

Post by watsonj1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:41 am

I am having trouble getting my handset to work with ooma telco after replacing orginal telco, angie with ooma called me and I could not get this to work so she hung up on me and here I am I guess I will just throw these handsets in the trash and order more handsets that work with my home phone system. I cannot understand why this has got to be so difficuld after spending all that money for ooma handsets, I would not recommend anyone buy these handsets.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am

watsonj1 wrote:I am having trouble getting my handset to work with ooma telco after replacing orginal telco, angie with ooma called me and I could not get this to work so she hung up on me and here I am I guess I will just throw these handsets in the trash and order more handsets that work with my home phone system. I cannot understand why this has got to be so difficuld after spending all that money for ooma handsets, I would not recommend anyone buy these handsets.
Are your handset fully charged?

Did you do the factory resets of your handsets and the Ooma Telo?

watsonj1

Post by watsonj1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm

I cannot believe that ooma will not help clear up problems when you are a two year customer and your telco had to be replaced, and as a result your handsets will not work. Angie hung up on me and tech support will not call me back. I have no problem with my home wireless system and had much rather rely on it with 7 handsets. So I guess the ooma handsets will go in the trash and that will be that. Just be forwarned before you buy the ooma handsets.

kcjeeper

Post by kcjeeper » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 pm

mine was doing the searching as well. followed the reset on the handset and it auto-registered just fine.. now working great.

rjuergens

Post by rjuergens » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 pm

To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING

When pressing the left soft key + the 0....YOU MUST HOLD DOWN THOSE KEYS while turning handset back on....
THEN and ONLY THEN will the handset enter the registration mode which allows you to input the four digit code.

I just went thru the telo change out and was determined to get back up and running without several useless emails or hours on hold.

When it works, it works great but resolving issues leave alot to be desired.

However taking the time to read these fourms has proved most beneficial!!

watsonj1

Post by watsonj1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:10 am

I just cannot get this left soft key + 0 while turning on just won't work for me.

I have not successfully reset my ooma telco main unit because I had to go thru hell with them to get the brand new unit to work. So if I reset something that was working it might not work at all. I have tried the telephone units several times, but they refuse to work. When I first got them with the original teco it worked fine and I put in the pen.

I retired the telephone units to a box in the garage. My in home wireless system works better anyway.

Another thing OOma cannot get their records straight to record a new unit I purchased from them on 10/28/2011. I also purchased a extended warranty for a year. They have original dates of old unit in system and new mac number of new unit purchased. They say they do not know how to correct it and that I should keep record of all my ref #. Well it is almost a month later now and they are sending me letters with wrong information asking if I want to purchase extended warranty. I do not know what to think now. Since they cannot keep records will the extended warranty even be any good should I need it before it expires in Oct 28, 2013. I cannot get these fine folks to work with me they just brush me off and say it will eventually correct itself. Well I do not believe it for a minute.