Canadian Calls rejected due to lack of funds

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rcapuppy
Canadian Calls rejected due to lack of funds

Post by rcapuppy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 am

I tried to call my daughter in Canada (I have a premier account) and received an Ooma message stating I had zero funds balance and the call did not go through. I dialed the area code and the number to her cell phone. Am I doing something wrong?

Back in early 2010, we ported our number from Vonage, but the original virtual number that came with the phone is still there and is the number I use to log into my Ooma account. I tried to delete it and add a Canada number, but no joy.

Anyone with any suggestions?

murphy

Re: Canadian Calls rejected due to lack of funds

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

It's probably set up the same way as the free 250 minutes for Premier users that use the mobile app. There has to be a balance in the prepaid account but when you make a call it gets charged as $0.00 and doesn't reduce the balance. Call Customer Support and ask why as a Premier user you can't make a call to Canada.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

In order to make a free call to Canada you need an Ooma Canadian phone number as your virtual second number.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

rcapuppy

Post by rcapuppy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 am

Thank you guys for your help! I called Ooma customer service and the kind lady added $1.00 to my funds account to enable free calling to Canada. She then changed my virtual number to a Canadian number that is local to my daughter. The number change cost a one time fee of $19.99.

This is amazing! I used to call her via Google Voice and had also purchased a Canadian number via Callcentric so that she could call me. Now I can cancel Callcentric, one less bill to pay. Thank you Ooma!!!!