Moved office..Now Ooma issues

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
legendsguy
Moved office..Now Ooma issues

Post by legendsguy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 am

We moved our offices back to our home this weekend.

I have the old ooma hub and I am a premier member. At the old office, we had 2-two line phones. One in each office. Each phone had a line one or two that we could use if the other was in use.

I should've have taken pictures of the set up and it probably would've saved me all this work. I now have the blue light on the ooma working and line 1 is working on both phones. For the life of me, I can't remember how I got the second like connected. I do know we only had one line plugging in to the back of our phones. When I press line 2 now, it is dead.

Here is my set up:
Cable Modem>Linksys Wireless Router (these two are located in our basement)
I ran an Ethernet line up to my office which I plugged in to a 5 plug workgroup switch.
Workgroup Switch Box>Ooma Modem plug on hub
Ooma phone plug>to the back of the phone plug which is labeled Line 1and/or 2 (this is the same location we had the one line plugged in at the old office and we had two phone lines available.

I do have an ooma scout but I don't believe I used it at the old office. (bad memory....pictures, pictures, pictures)

Any suggestions? I don't dare mess it up too much more since I have the main line working but sure would like that second line.

Doug

thunderbird

Re: Moved office..Now Ooma issues

Post by thunderbird » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 am

legendsguy wrote:We moved our offices back to our home this weekend.

I have the old ooma hub and I am a premier member. At the old office, we had 2-two line phones. One in each office. Each phone had a line one or two that we could use if the other was in use.

I should've have taken pictures of the set up and it probably would've saved me all this work. I now have the blue light on the ooma working and line 1 is working on both phones. For the life of me, I can't remember how I got the second like connected. I do know we only had one line plugging in to the back of our phones. When I press line 2 now, it is dead.

Here is my set up:
Cable Modem>Linksys Wireless Router (these two are located in our basement)
I ran an Ethernet line up to my office which I plugged in to a 5 plug workgroup switch.
Workgroup Switch Box>Ooma Modem plug on hub
Ooma phone plug>to the back of the phone plug which is labeled Line 1and/or 2 (this is the same location we had the one line plugged in at the old office and we had two phone lines available.

I do have an ooma scout but I don't believe I used it at the old office. (bad memory....pictures, pictures, pictures)

Any suggestions? I don't dare mess it up too much more since I have the main line working but sure would like that second line.

Doug
You were probably using the Ooma Scout. Plug a phone cord into the Wall phone port on the Ooma Hub, and the other end into the Wall port of the Ooma Scout. Plug a phone cord into the Phone port of your Ooma Scout and the other end into your phone. Power the Ooma Scout and test.

legendsguy

Post by legendsguy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks Thunderbird. I put the ooma scout in the other office. Ran line from Ooma hub to Ooma Scout...plugged the scout into the phone. It all works on line 1 which is our main line. So both offices ring on line 1 when our main number is called. We still have nothing on line 2. Ideas?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

legendsguy wrote:Thanks Thunderbird. I put the ooma scout in the other office. Ran line from Ooma hub to Ooma Scout...plugged the scout into the phone. It all works on line 1 which is our main line. So both offices ring on line 1 when our main number is called. We still have nothing on line 2. Ideas?
When you press the line 2 button on the Scout, do you get dial tone on the phone?

legendsguy

Post by legendsguy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:58 am

Yes.. I have two lines on each phone now. Odd thing is at the other office, we could just push line 1 or 2 on the phone to get the line. Now, we have to push line 1 or 2 on the Ooma Hub or scout to get second line. Also, called ID from the Scout gives our second number which I guess isn't a big deal. We've just always tried to use line one because our normal business phone number pops up. It still does in my office but in the other office, it id's the second line number. hmmmmmm