Bluetooth Adapter Call Out

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
RixOoma
Bluetooth Adapter Call Out

Post by RixOoma » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:14 pm

In-coming calls when the Bluetooth Adapter is paired to my cell phone, work great. I've not found a way to make out-going calls via the Bluetooth. When I use *15 on my house phone attached to the Ooma, all I get is a busy signal. If I call out from the cell, it doesn't connect to the Ooma line. Is it even possible to make calls routed through the bluetooth adapter? Seems like it should function like any other bluetooth device paired with a cell phone. :cry:

thunderbird

Re: Bluetooth Adapter Call Out

Post by thunderbird » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 pm

RixOoma wrote:In-coming calls when the Bluetooth Adapter is paired to my cell phone, work great. I've not found a way to make out-going calls via the Bluetooth. When I use *15 on my house phone attached to the Ooma, all I get is a busy signal. If I call out from the cell, it doesn't connect to the Ooma line. Is it even possible to make calls routed through the bluetooth adapter? Seems like it should function like any other bluetooth device paired with a cell phone. :cry:
Try the Bluethooth * Star commands and see if they work? The rest of the post is just information.

Star Commands a little more complete list, plus other things:
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/star-c ... oma-device

*15, *16, *17, *18, *19 - Call number using Bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5
*06, *06, *07, *08, *09 - Intercom with Bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5
*67 Block outgoing caller-id for this phone call
*69 Redial last incoming phone number
*70 Disable call-waiting tone for this phone call
*82 Send outgoing caller-id for this phone call & For dialling 8xx & 9xx numbers
*91 - ????
*96 Use low-bandwidth codec (iLBC) for this phone call
*97 - ????
*98 Use high-bandwidth codec (G711) for this phone call
*99 Optimize phone call for fax transmissions
*#483 Access Google Voice voicemail (when Google Voice Extensions is configured)
*#*#001 Speak the version of software
*#*#191 Clears all handset registrations
*#*#099 Factory reset the Ooma Telo (warning: deletes all configurations)

*#*#298 Force configuration sync with Ooma servers

*#*#501 Enable Bluetooth discovery mode for 2 minutes (Bluetooth Adapter)
*#*#511 Toggle key press sound effects on/off

**0 - Line1
**1 - Line2

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

# - Hash mark after the number dialled, speeds dialling time

Dial *#*#511 to turn on/off Touch Panel sound effects:
If you dial *#*#511, it will turn off/on audio announcements for all Ooma Telo button presses. Since the random "handset paging" announcements are a result of the Telo falsely thinking a button was pressed, this fix seems to take care of the problem. You can still play back voicemail from the Telo without any problem.

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

RixOoma

Re: Bluetooth Adapter Call Out

Post by RixOoma » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:28 pm

*06, *07, *09, *15, *16, *17, *18, and *19 all render a busy signal on my phone. :shock: