I goofed it up and can't get back

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Leeway
I goofed it up and can't get back

Post by Leeway » Sun May 03, 2009 7:42 am

I had everything working fine and I pushed a wrong button by mistake on the Ooma. Now I have no dial tone and all calls are being recorded instead of coming here.

What I had: Ooma hub plugged into U-Verse gateway and phone cord to the wall jack. No phone connected to Ooma. Everything worked just fine.
I also still have Callvantage until ported and all calls are being forwarded to my temporary Ooma number.

Then I accidently pushed the envelope button and nothing worked. I reset everything and I can plug a phone into the Ooma hub and get a dial tone but I cannot get back to just having the Ooma phone cord going to the wall and making all phones ring and I cannot get a dial tone.

I called U-verse to reset my gateway but what I want is the "router on router" message when I plug in the Ooma and I don't get that message now.

Basically I want to start from square one, I think?

To top it all off, I have to use my cell phone and the reception in this area is horrible.

WayneDsr

Re: I goofed it up and can't get back

Post by WayneDsr » Sun May 03, 2009 7:50 am

Ok, you can plug your phone into the PHONE port on the ooma hub and get a dial tone and call out and everything is good.
Can you receive calls this way?

Then you plug the PHONE port of the ooma hub into your wall jack to get phone on all wall jacks. If you pick up any phone connected to a wall jack you do not get any dialtone?

Did it ever work this way?

Wayne

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 am

Is the envelope button red?
If it is, push and hold until it turns off.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 am

I've got it back. whew

Ooma plugged to U-verse gateway and phone to wall with no physical phone to the Ooma.

All cordless base and handsets ring, have dial tones and work fine.

I have no clue what finally happened. I just unplugged it all and waited for a half hour and plugged it all back in. In the meanwhile, I had already called U-Verse to tell them that my modem reset was not doing what it was supposed to do. They said they would reset it on their end. Maybe that's what it took?

Thanks people for your very fast replies.