deactivating hub

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jimak
deactivating hub

Post by jimak » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I have an Ooma hub that we just don't use and I wish to give it to my grand daughter. How do I deactivate the hub and phone number :?:

thunderbird

Re: deactivating hub

Post by thunderbird » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 pm

jimak wrote:I have an Ooma hub that we just don't use and I wish to give it to my grand daughter. How do I deactivate the hub and phone number :?:
Be careful with this one. If you deactivate your Ooma Hub, then your Granddaughter will have to pay the $80 Dollars to activate it again for her.

If it were me, if the phone number that you are using isn't important to you, and it fits the area where your granddaughter lives, I'd let her use it.

I'd Ooma Customer Service and see if you can just change the account name to her name. There may still be some fees, but the fees may be less than the $80 fee???

So contact Ooma Customer Support and find out what your options are before you do anything.

Please let us know how you come out.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Sales Information
Visit the buy page for a list of authorized resellers.
Email: sales@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-866-452-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday-Sunday closed.

After second thoughts, sometimes the extra $80 spent may not be so bad??????

tommies

Re: deactivating hub

Post by tommies » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Last year, I gave my bro my old hub (core) with the password to log in my.ooma.com. With access to my.ooma.com, he was able to change the info into his name and home address.

He only paid the fee to port his number to ooma. Not sure if it's doable now.
tommies