Getting handset to ring by it's self

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
psmsmallengines
Getting handset to ring by it's self

Post by psmsmallengines » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 am

How do I get the handset to ring by it's self if say, someone calls my second number and I want it to ring to the handset only? Do I have to call Ooma to have them do something on their end? Thanks.

murphy

Re: Getting handset to ring by it's self

Post by murphy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 am

psmsmallengines wrote:How do I get the handset to ring by it's self if say, someone calls my second number and I want it to ring to the handset only? Do I have to call Ooma to have them do something on their end? Thanks.
Go to your my.ooma account and configure the handset as a Personal device. Then assign the second number to the personal device. Once that is done you log into my.ooma using the second phone number to configure the personal device.
The second number will only ring on the personal handset. The first number will not ring on the personal handset.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

psmsmallengines

Post by psmsmallengines » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:46 am

I registered the device it is called Handset 1 now. However, when I go to log in to configure it, it comes up with wrong password or number??? I just cant log in using that second number for some reason. I see no where On my Dashboard to reset it.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:46 am

psmsmallengines wrote:I registered the device it is called Handset 1 now. However, when I go to log in to configure it, it comes up with wrong password or number??? I just cant log in using that second number for some reason. I see no where On my Dashboard to reset it.
To reset the Ooma hand set.
1. Turn off the HS by press & hold the End/Red button
2. Press & hold the two keys: Left soft key and '0' (zero) key
3. Turn on the HS by press the End/Red key
4. Let go the keys in step 2.
The HS will goes into auto registration mode, so you may have to re-register the handset to the Ooma Telo.

Note: To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING

When pressing the left soft key + the 0....YOU MUST HOLD DOWN THOSE KEYS while turning handset back on....
THEN and ONLY THEN will the handset enter the registration mode, which allows you to input the four digit code.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 am

psmsmallengines wrote:I registered the device it is called Handset 1 now. However, when I go to log in to configure it, it comes up with wrong password or number??? I just cant log in using that second number for some reason. I see no where On my Dashboard to reset it.
When you created the personal device or associated the number (I forget which) you specified the password that is to be used with the personal number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx