My telo base unit doesn't show that I have messages

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mhouge
My telo base unit doesn't show that I have messages

Post by mhouge » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi,

I've had this problem for the past 6 months or so...my telo base unit's play button doesn't blink amber when I get a message; only my two telo handsets blink blue. Every time I restart my telo base unit it will show the amber play button blinking light until I push the button...then I get a message saying I have no messages, and it'll go to solid blue again. The whole time my handsets are blinking and I can retrieve the messages from A) my handset or B) the website. My Telo base's volume is turned up as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

thunderbird

Re: My telo base unit doesn't show that I have messages

Post by thunderbird » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:46 pm

mhouge wrote:Hi,

I've had this problem for the past 6 months or so...my telo base unit's play button doesn't blink amber when I get a message; only my two telo handsets blink blue. Every time I restart my telo base unit it will show the amber play button blinking light until I push the button...then I get a message saying I have no messages, and it'll go to solid blue again. The whole time my handsets are blinking and I can retrieve the messages from A) my handset or B) the website. My Telo base's volume is turned up as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
Do an Ooma Telo Factory Reset to see if you can correct your problem.
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

mhouge

Post by mhouge » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks so much for replying thunderbird,

On my telo linked phone, I've tried to dial *#*#099 with the dialtone, and *#*#099 and then hitting the dial/send button. Each time, as soon as the last 9 is dialed, I get a fast busy tone. I've repeated this about 10 times to be sure I'm fast enough. Hanging up makes no difference.

I can't seem to get a recording to do a factory reset.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:23 pm

mhouge wrote:Thanks so much for replying thunderbird,

On my telo linked phone, I've tried to dial *#*#099 with the dialtone, and *#*#099 and then hitting the dial/send button. Each time, as soon as the last 9 is dialed, I get a fast busy tone. I've repeated this about 10 times to be sure I'm fast enough. Hanging up makes no difference.

I can't seem to get a recording to do a factory reset.
This is strange. This is the first time that I've heard that the Oomo Telo factory reset won't work.

First:
Try the Ooma Telo factory reset using completely different phone connected to the Ooma Telo Home phone port.

Next if that doesn't help, try this:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device.

Then try the Ooma Telo factory reset again.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm

mhouge wrote:On my telo linked phone, I've tried to dial *#*#099 with the dialtone, and *#*#099 and then hitting the dial/send button. Each time, as soon as the last 9 is dialed, I get a fast busy tone. I've repeated this about 10 times to be sure I'm fast enough. Hanging up makes no difference.
If "Telo linked phone" means you are using a Telo wireless handset it doesn't work that way.
You have to use a regular phone connected to the Telo's Phone port.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx