can't connect thru linksys router

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
brianburchill
Re: can't connect thru linksys router

Post by brianburchill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 am

So with the existing Arris cable modem and Linksys router I have and the internet speed and bandwidth I'm receiving I should be able to use Ooma Telo without and issues as far as quality of phone service?

The fact that I currently have internet phone service through Comcast and that phone line goes into the Arris cable modem should not present any problems with installation of the Ooma Telo?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 am

brianburchill wrote:So with the existing Arris cable modem and Linksys router I have and the internet speed and bandwidth I'm receiving I should be able to use Ooma Telo without and issues as far as quality of phone service?

The fact that I currently have internet phone service through Comcast and that phone line goes into the Arris cable modem should not present any problems with installation of the Ooma Telo?
If you are routing the Ooma phone line from the Ooma phone port, together with the phone line output of the Arris Cable modem, don't. Connect a separate phone to the Ooma Phone port, reboot everything again in the order described above and test.

The only concern is the low reading below which are normally around 80 %. Ooma Support may have had you set the Ooma Setup settings for Quality of Service to incorrect settings?

Download Consistency of Service: 24 %
Upload Consistency of Service: 36 %

Estimated MOS score: 4.2 is still a very good Internet connection score.

The two phone systems should exist side by side without problems.

If the two phone lines aren't combined in any way, I'd exchange the Ooma Telo you have now for a new one.
There are many other people using the Ooma Telo along with the Arris Cable modem without problem.

brianburchill

Post by brianburchill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

I have a corded phone connected directly to the phone port in the back of the Ooma. Since my current phone service is Xfinity voice through Comcast I have a telephone line coming onto the cable modem. I can keep this phone line connected to the modem so I have phone service while I am trying to set up the Ooma right?

Regarding the settings for Quality of Service, Ooma support did not have me do anything with that.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 pm

brianburchill wrote:I have a corded phone connected directly to the phone port in the back of the Ooma. Since my current phone service is Xfinity voice through Comcast I have a telephone line coming onto the cable modem. I can keep this phone line connected to the modem so I have phone service while I am trying to set up the Ooma right?
Yes.
brianburchill wrote: Regarding the settings for Quality of Service, Ooma support did not have me do anything with that.
Okay.

So I'd get a replacement Ooma Telo and try it.

View this topic: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12897