My greeting and name were wiped after upgrade to VM 2.0

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Morac
My greeting and name were wiped after upgrade to VM 2.0

Post by Morac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:50 pm

I just upgraded to Ooma Voicemail 2.0 and my name and personal greeting were wiped despite what it say in the FAQ. I had to set them up again.

Here's what the FAQ says (which is wrong):
"Any names or personal greetings you have recorded will automatically be transferred to the new voicemail system. You don’t have to do anything extra after you’ve migrated your account."

thunderbird

Re: My greeting and name were wiped after upgrade to VM 2.0

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:23 pm

My voicemail 2.0 upgrade was a flop also. We still haven't gotten around to re-recording a voicemail message that was deleted with the new upgrade.

Quote below: From https://my.ooma.com/vm_upgrade
Ooma Voicemail 2.0 Upgrade
Get ready to move to Ooma Voicemail 2.0! In the next few months we're going to be upgrading all voicemail accounts to Ooma Voicemail 2.0. Here's the info you need for a smooth transition:

What's new in Ooma Voicemail 2.0?

Most improvements today are under the hood, but here are some of the benefits you'll see:

•Expanded server capacity for faster voicemail retrieval
•Optimized voice prompts for speedy message management
•Future access to new features and new My Ooma settings
What happens to my existing voicemail greetings and messages?

Any names or personal greetings you have recorded will automatically be transferred to the new voicemail system.

Your existing voicemail messages will be archived for access in My Ooma. You'll be able to play, manage and download your archived messages until January 31st, 2012.

How do I upgrade?

To upgrade to the new system immediately, click on the Upgrade me now! button below. After entering your voicemail PIN, we'll migrate your voicemail account to the new system. Afterwards, you'll be ready to start receiving voicemails on the new system.

Want more info? Click here to check out the complete FAQ.

Congratulations, you're using Ooma Voicemail 2.0!

Go to your Inbox
End of Quote:

After clicking on "Go to you Inbox" at the bottom of the page at https://my.ooma.com/vm_upgrade, I found some lost Voicemails that I couldn't find and though was gone forever, located in the trash can, that I had wanted to save.

XEOS

Post by XEOS » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:42 pm

ALL of my customized outgoing voicemail messages and name announcements were erased with the "upgrade" to VM 2.0 as well!

Would have been nice if OOMA would have advised in advance that the "upgrade" to VM 2.0 would wipe out all previously recorded outgoing voicemail messages and name announcements. I spent all day trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving any VM messages on my OOMA line. Finally realized the customized outgoing message and my name announcement was gone. Rerecorded and back to "normal".

Some "upgrade"! :!:

It's always something with OOMA. Just sayin'.... :!:

hynt20

Post by hynt20 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm

My greeting was also deleted in this "upgrade" which I did because I followed the email......

That will teach me for following the directions provided

"Any names or personal greetings you have recorded will automatically be transferred to the new voicemail system. "

Nope -didn't happen - thanks OOMA !

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm

All my information was wiped out, too. Now I can't get back in to record a new greeting! My PIN doesn't work, and I've tried to enter a generic one--nothing's working!

This is ridiculous!

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:25 pm

What the hell is going on now? I can't reset or change my PIN; I can't access voice mail; all my settings have been erased; I can't access any voice mail options on the web site.

This is beyond irritating! :x :x :x

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:38 pm

See View Topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

hynt20

Post by hynt20 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:10 am

Not sure I understand the updates from OOMA - we are being asked to go to a link that provides a status update - yet it does not address the loss of VMAIL greetings - when will this be resolved?

Morac

Post by Morac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 am

hynt20 wrote:Not sure I understand the updates from OOMA - we are being asked to go to a link that provides a status update - yet it does not address the loss of VMAIL greetings - when will this be resolved?
My guess is that it won't be. I recorded a new greeting.

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am

Late yesterday afternoon my voice mail came back up with my left message and original recorded outgoing message present.