Clarification on iPhone app's 1.9cts/minute charge

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
bstow01
Clarification on iPhone app's 1.9cts/minute charge

Post by bstow01 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:33 pm

I have the Ooma iPhone app and am only using the app to make US calls from home (where I have the Ooma set up). After using this for an 8 hour conference call, I read to my surprise that US calls cost 1.9 cents per minute when using the iPhone app. After realizing this I checked the Ooma call/charge log and the call is logged but the cost is $0 to my relief. I'm wondering if it was free because 1) when using the app on the wifi network that the Ooma is on, the app essentially acts as a handset and does not incur charges 2) the conference call number being called was a 1-800 or 3) I'm a new customer and am in some sort of trial period (note: I'm not a premier customer). Im hoping the answer is #1 but if anyone has the answer it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

thunderbird

Re: Clarification on iPhone app's 1.9cts/minute charge

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 am

bstow01 wrote:I have the Ooma iPhone app and am only using the app to make US calls from home (where I have the Ooma set up). After using this for an 8 hour conference call, I read to my surprise that US calls cost 1.9 cents per minute when using the iPhone app. After realizing this I checked the Ooma call/charge log and the call is logged but the cost is $0 to my relief. I'm wondering if it was free because 1) when using the app on the wifi network that the Ooma is on, the app essentially acts as a handset and does not incur charges 2) the conference call number being called was a 1-800 or 3) I'm a new customer and am in some sort of trial period (note: I'm not a premier customer). Im hoping the answer is #1 but if anyone has the answer it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Probably option 2) 800 number.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:06 pm

All new customers get a free trial of Ooma Premier. As a Premier user during the trial, you get 250 free minutes of calling to use with Ooma Mobile.
Bobby B

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I was wondering about "8 Hours," that's a lot of minutes. 230 more than 250.

bstow01

Post by bstow01 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Thanks for the responses. You are right in that it definitely went over the 250 minutes with the Ooma premier trial period but still no charge. But hey Im not asking them to fix that if its a mistake ;) I guess Ill have to get the handset or bluetooth adapter. I know its been talked about before but it especially makes no sense if you are using your iPhone on the same wifi network as your Ooma to charge 2 cents a minute (obviously this might not be even true going by my current experience) in that it is just being used like a handset.

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Bobby B wrote:All new customers get a free trial of Ooma Premier. As a Premier user during the trial, you get 250 free minutes of calling to use with Ooma Mobile.
When will you guys get the app working again?
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)