Can not recieve or make calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ddrussell55
Can not recieve or make calls

Post by ddrussell55 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I would appreciate any help that can be provided on this issue.

I have had the Ooma up and running (and working well) for about a year.
It stopped working recently and I noticed the "system status" light was blinking red. I "power cycled" the unit and got all blue lights again however when we received our first call the System status light started blinking red, the fast forward and the rewind lights are blue and all other lights are off. We can not receive the call on our phone (and there is no dial tone) but we can hear a message being left on the ooma system.
The ooma is set up via modem then router.

Thanks

thunderbird

Re: Can not recieve or make calls

Post by thunderbird » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:07 pm

ddrussell55 wrote:I would appreciate any help that can be provided on this issue.

I have had the Ooma up and running (and working well) for about a year.
It stopped working recently and I noticed the "system status" light was blinking red. I "power cycled" the unit and got all blue lights again however when we received our first call the System status light started blinking red, the fast forward and the rewind lights are blue and all other lights are off. We can not receive the call on our phone (and there is no dial tone) but we can hear a message being left on the ooma system.
The ooma is set up via modem then router.

Thanks
There may be a problem with your Modem or your Internet provider signal.

But First do and check the following:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. You may have to re-register the Ooma Telo handsets, see procedure later in text.

Note: Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

Second:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Next if you continue to have problems:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________

If you do the Java fix in your computer, instructions located at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12085. Then you can click on the Speedtest Phonepower Advanced tab, then "view test" at the bottom. Instead of filling in the blanks above, you can select CTRL+A to highlight, CTRL+C to copy; CTRL+V for paste into the Ooma Forum.