FULL CALLER ID ON BLUETOOTH?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
philw132
FULL CALLER ID ON BLUETOOTH?

Post by philw132 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Ooma,

Is there a way to enable FULL caller ID using the bluetooth? I would like to use my VTECH cordless phones using the bluetooth function (as a bluetooth gateway) but it only shows the phone number. is that a limitation of the phones or is that a limitation of bluetooth? does ooma send out the full caller id to the bluetooth or just the phone number?
Customer Since: 4/6/10
Service/Hardware: Telo w/ bluetooth
Premier Expires: 6/02/12
Comcast Port: 4/15/10 - 5/17/10
Internet: Comcast Cable Top Speed Tier
Setup: Motorola SB6120 -> Cisco E3000 -> Telo
Phone: Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset / 1 Telo Handset

thunderbird

Re: FULL CALLER ID ON BLUETOOTH?

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:08 pm

philw132 wrote:Ooma,

Is there a way to enable FULL caller ID using the bluetooth? I would like to use my VTECH cordless phones using the bluetooth function (as a bluetooth gateway) but it only shows the phone number. is that a limitation of the phones or is that a limitation of bluetooth? does ooma send out the full caller id to the bluetooth or just the phone number?
Some Caller ID Information Below:

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/caller ... a#anchor-1

What should I see on my phone's caller-ID when someone calls?
By default, customers with a Basic Ooma account will see the phone number that is calling on the screen of their telephone. If you'd like to see more information about numbers that call frequently, you can add the phone number and the caller's name to your Contact List. Once a number has been added to your Contact List, the name that has been specified will also display on the caller-ID screen.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=91147

My caller ID on my inbound calls says "unknown" now and it was working before.
•Depending on what service level you are on, governs what you will see for your inbound Caller ID.
•Basic users will only be passed the phone number for inbound calls. If you use a handset that allows you to store names and numbers, you can program the phone to display the name as well.
•Premier subscribers will be passed both name and number for inbound caller id, as long as the carrier routing the inbound call provides that information.
•Check to make sure the phone you are using does not have a storage limit. Phones with a limit will stop displaying correctly until the caller id feature is reset. 50 names is the typical maximum.
•Please try using a different phone in the phone port and retest to see if the issue persists
•If your set up includes splitters, fax machines, caller id boxes, etc., unhook everything from the phone port and hook only a phone to the phone port and retest to see if the issue persists.
•If your set up includes splitters, fax machines, caller id boxes, etc., unhook everything from the phone port and hook only a phone to the phone port and retest to see if the issue persists.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-bluetooth-adapter

When I get a call over Bluetooth, do I get caller-ID
Yes! The phone number of the caller is transmitted from your mobile phone to the Ooma Telo, allowing you to see the caller-ID from your mobile phone on your home phones. In addition, the name of the mobile phone that the call came in on is displayed so you know whose cell phone the call was originally meant for.

If you need more information Contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

philw132

Post by philw132 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I very much appreciate the effort, however these articles do not cover the topic i am looking for. I'm going to have to dig deep. I have a feeling its a limitation of the home phones but i dont know for sure.

Thanks again.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 pm

philw132 wrote:I very much appreciate the effort, however these articles do not cover the topic i am looking for. I'm going to have to dig deep. I have a feeling its a limitation of the home phones but i dont know for sure.

Thanks again.
If you don't have Ooma Premier, only the phone number will show.

philw132

Post by philw132 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:56 pm

I have the full blown package with ooma as stated in my signature. premier/phone ported/bluetooth/1 ooma handset the only thing i dont have is the wifi adapter but i really dont need it since I've wired every room in my house with several cat6 drops. including the network closet that the ooma box sits in. I just wasn't sure if this was a bluetooth limitation on the ooma or a bluetooth limitation on the vtech phone.
thunderbird wrote:
philw132 wrote:I very much appreciate the effort, however these articles do not cover the topic i am looking for. I'm going to have to dig deep. I have a feeling its a limitation of the home phones but i dont know for sure.

Thanks again.
If you don't have Ooma Premier, only the phone number will show.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:55 pm

It was an Ooma design decision on how incoming callerid works via bluetooth.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-bluetooth-adapter

When I get a call over Bluetooth, do I get caller-ID

Yes! The phone number of the caller is transmitted from your mobile phone to the Ooma Telo, allowing you to see the caller-ID from your mobile phone on your home phones. In addition, the name of the mobile phone that the call came in on is displayed so you know whose cell phone the call was originally meant for.

Callerid name would be the name of cell phone paired to your bluetooth adapter vs the callerid name of the caller.

However, only within the my.ooma.com call logs, if the caller is in your contacts, the call log would reflect the caller's name.

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I just added the Ooma BT adapter, but I don't get the name of the mobile phone along with the CID. Only the name that I entered into the contact list on my.ooma.com and the incoming number are shown. Is this funcitonality only available on the Ooma handsets? I am using an official Ooma BT adapter.
"In addition, the name of the mobile phone that the call came in on is displayed so you know whose cell phone the call was originally meant for."
My phones are Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0 phones (KX-TG6645 in the US) and I also get CID display on my Media Center PC via Window 7 Caller ID. None of them show which mobile phone the call is coming in on. With my wife's iPhone 3GS, it only shows the CID info and with my Blackberry 9700, I don't even get CID info. I get "Bluetooth Trans" displayed and spoken on my Panasonic phones. In fact, BT hands free connection from the BB9700 to the Telo is strange. If I pickup my BB9700 to make a call, it instead rings the Telo and shows call from Bluetooth Trans again. iPhone does not have this issue with the Telo BT functionality. Anyone have a similar experience?

By the way, this BT adapter from Aizo works identically to the Ooma adapter at half the cost.
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0