Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
frenchcamp49er
Re: Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Post by frenchcamp49er » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:27 pm

lbmofo wrote:
bocaboy wrote:Count me in as one of the users who can't get this app to work as advertised. I'm on iOS 5.01 and in most cases, Mobile doesn't connect properly, if at all. Also, where is HD audio or any of the additional features that have been requested? It's been months now since iOS was released, so either Ooma should program the app correctly or step to the plate and refund everyone's money. I purchased is because I'm a Premiere subscriber and the first 250 minutes each month are included. It would be a great way to manage my AT&T minutes, which is why I bought it in the first place.

My guess is that more of Ooma's money goes into marketing than into development, and that's why this is at a standstill. 2011 corporate culture equals company first, customer last.
Do you have iPhone 4S? The newest app in iTunes does not work for 4S but works for previous hardware (no HD). The previous version of the app works fine with 4S which I am running (with HD).

Ok, but it still does not work for the 4S, you can not downgrade an app, so this is still a problem.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Yep, I am with you. The app description has this on top:

**** READ ME FIRST ****

We have confirmed that version 3.0.4 of the app is not compatible with the iPhone 4S. Other versions of the iPhone such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 3/3GS do not experience any problems. We are working on the fix for the 4S.

We've also had to disable HD Voice due to an incompatibility with iOS5. We are working on a fix, but have deployed a version of the app that has it disabled to get users back up and running.

Since the previous version works with 4S, I wish Ooma had a way to get the previous verion to 4S users.

bocaboy

Post by bocaboy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 am

I'm on a "4" running iOS 5.01. The only version of the app I've ever owned is the one currently in the App Store, 3.0.4. Regardless of the disclaimer quoted above, the app does not work properly at all on my 4.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:13 am

bocaboy wrote:I'm on a "4" running iOS 5.01. The only version of the app I've ever owned is the one currently in the App Store, 3.0.4. Regardless of the disclaimer quoted above, the app does not work properly at all on my 4.
If you have a 4 (and not 4S), then the app is supposed to work fine (without HD though); I have friends with 4 and 3GS confirming all working fine. Something else maybe going on. Are you having same issues with 3G network and wifi? If wifi only, have you tried other wifi? My wifi at home didn't play nice until I got rid of my TrendNet routers (2 of them); got D-Link, works like a champ.

bocaboy

Post by bocaboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:37 am

I don't think it's the network because I don't experience any anomalies with any other device, including other apps on my iPhone. There are times when the Ooma Mobile app works fine, and times when I simply see "Connecting" and can't hear anything while the person I'm calling says they hear me fine. I'm also dubious about the network being the issue since Skype, which I use often, behaves perfectly over my network for calls that can go on for an hour. (Unfortunately, Skype broke the ability to use Bluetooth after your first call in their latest update. Very frustrating.)

For the record, I have the Ooma Telo as the first device off my Comcast cable modem, hooking to an Apple Time Capsule (1st generation) running v. 7.6. I have an additional Airport Express on the network to extend the network strength into the further reaches of my home.

As I said above, I have excellent performance with my network. Speedtest.net over wireless shows about 5 mb/s download and 3.5 mb/s upload, more than sufficient to service Ooma's mobile phone service. (Wired speeds show 20 mb/s download and 6 mb/s upload.)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 am

bocaboy:
Below is a post by Ooma Moderator Tom B. for a One Way Calling issue that has been going on for a while. As you can read below, their is a fix, to take place on the Ooma Server side, that is supposed to happen during the nest two weeks.
Tom B wrote:
So my home's Ooma Telo one way audio problem should be fixed next week?
Correct, once all servers are upgraded which will likely complete the week after next. Before that it will be hit or miss depending on which server you hit when making calls. And for those unfamiliar with this issue, it only happens on calls to certain numbers.

bocaboy

Post by bocaboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:37 am

Do you think that covers mobile as well as land lines? My Telo has been flawless since the day I bought it.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

bocaboy wrote:Do you think that covers mobile as well as land lines? My Telo has been flawless since the day I bought it.
This is only an Ooma issue. But if you are using another application through Ooma, this may be the problem? We’ll know after a couple of weeks pass.

bocaboy

Post by bocaboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:08 am

I just made a phone call this morning for about an hour on Ooma Mobile and it worked just fine. Maybe the infrastructure supports calls regardless of their origin. I've got my fingers crossed that it's working!

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 am

Still not working for me
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)