Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Quicksprj
Re: Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Post by Quicksprj » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Here is my result from the test. I know it is my Telo because I have left it unplugged for 2 days and my internet is fine. I dont understand what could be causing the problem or how to fix it. Again my setup is a PK5000 modem/router combo and then the ooma telo plugged into the ethernet port #1 and into the telo "to internet" port. any help would really be appreciated.

Detail for Test #369501
Summary
This report refers to a connection test carried out by IP address 71.34.128.223 on 20 Dec 2011 16:55:06 GMT-08:00.

Upstream jitter 0.2 ms
Downstream jitter 57.2 ms
Upstream packet loss 0.0 %
Downstream packet loss 0.0 %
Upstream packet order 100.0 %
Downstream packet order 100.0 %
Packet discards 0.0 %
MOS 2.5
REGISTER ms 637 ms
INVITE ms 697 ms
BYE ms 10 ms
Test VoIP and Speed Test

Analyze this test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VoIP Quality Test
The graph below shows the variance of UDP jitter over time. For voice-over-IP applications, this variance must be kept to a minimum otherwise call quality will be degraded.
Packet loss is shown in red. High packet loss (for example more than 5% sustained over a short period) will result in broken sound during calls.

Upstream results (client-to-server)

Download this data in Text Excel format

Downstream results (server-to-client)

Download this data in Text Excel format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Audit Report
The test audit report contains an in-depth, technical analysis of the test performed.
View Test Audit Report

Environment Test
The environment test provides information on the computer that ran this test, including information on its network environment. This data is only provided by MyConnection Remote Agents.

MyConnection Server Copyright © 2004-2010 Visualware, Inc. | MyConnection Server Homepage

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Quicksprj:
Big problem:
Downstream jitter 57.2 ms..........Should be less then 5ms, means that your modem or Internet signal is defective.
MOS 2.5................................Is usually 4 or better, means your overall Internet connection is poor.

You didn't post your Upload speeds, download speeds, and Maximum TCP Delay. But from viewing the high Downstream jitter, you have problems with your modem or Internet provider signal coming into your house to your modem.

Ooma is probably functioning okay, but when adding the Ooma Telo to your home's LAN, your Internet connection or Modem is defective and can't support the extra load.

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Ok. Thanks. I'll see about buying a new modem/ router tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, I too have hundreds of messages that I'd like to save, so it would be nice if there was a way to do a bulk save instead of saving them individually -- very time consuming.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Technologist wrote:Wow... 48 hours, and only 1 comment (and nothing from Ooma).

Is this really not that big of a deal to everyone?

It's a big deal for me - I do not want to spend hours backing up my messages - I agree that there should be a 'bulk' way of doing this.

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 am

REALLY!!!

I find it hard to believe that there are only two of us interested in a bulk download tool for our voice mail messages.

Being able to copy/move multiple files is pretty much standard in other applications ~~~ I wonder if we are the only two who are aware of or use this capability elsewhere.

Hmmmmmm.....

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:15 am

I delete voicemails after I listen to them.
The voicemail was also emailed to me so if I really wanted to save a voicemail it is already on my computer.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 am

Thank you murphy for telling me how you do it.

I still need a way to save multiple voice-mail messages.

Especially the ones that came before the vmail-2-email was in place.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 pm

I cannot imagine wanting to save a ton of voice messages but my suggestion to you would be to receive them via email attachment and then make folders and save them to each respective folder.

Donna

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

@ Donna: Thank you for your response. I have multiple reasons for wanting to save my messages. I like the folders idea, and plan on using it.

I still need a way to save the messages I got before the voice-mail to email feature was offered.