My Telo made a really strange noise

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rodak
My Telo made a really strange noise

Post by rodak » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Sitting here working on the PC, my Telo suddenly started making this odd sound, sort of like an analog synthesizer/sequencer sound (kind of like the final moments of ELP's "Karn Evil 9", Third Impression, when Emerson's Moog goes through this 24-note sequence, going faster and faster til it blows up). It was pretty loud and, real annoying (and only slightly musical). I pulled the power plug, let it sit and think about itself for a few moments, plugged it back in, and a couple of minutes later it was all happily blue again.

I remember it did this once before several months ago, but only for a few seconds.

Anyone every experience this?

Trinimd

Re: My Telo made a really strange noise

Post by Trinimd » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Hope you have extended warranty :-(
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

oarsman

Post by oarsman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am

Hi,
I've heard a chime from the Telo speaker at random times when the phone is not in use,
usually late at night. It's only plays for a few seconds (5-6 notes?). Does anyone know
what this indicates? Is it following a firmware update/restart, or some other infrequent event?
Thanks.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am

oarsman wrote:Hi,
I've heard a chime from the Telo speaker at random times when the phone is not in use,
usually late at night. It's only plays for a few seconds (5-6 notes?). Does anyone know
what this indicates? Is it following a firmware update/restart, or some other infrequent event?
Thanks.
This is not good.
The Ooma device will continue to make and receive calls okay, but there is a problem with the Ooma's audio.
Try an Ooma Telo factory reset.

First:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. You may have to re-register the Ooma Telo handsets.

Note: Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

Next if the chime is still there, you probably have a defective Ooma Telo. If your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, Ooma should send you a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid, with a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective unit back.

Contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST