Cannot connect with Ooma mobile

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
darkenwald
Cannot connect with Ooma mobile

Post by darkenwald » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I have downloaded the Ooma mobile onto my iPad. I had put my user name starting with the 1, and my 10 digit password that was issued to me into it and saved it. But the Ooma logo remains red and it never can connect. It says disconnected. Sometimes it attempts to connect and says connecting, but after awhile gives up. Any suggestions? I have written for help twice to support, but both times have gotten the same pat reply that my username and password will be different than it is with my Ooma (I know that) and that the user name will begin with a 1 (I know that too). This is not helping me. I have done all that.
Thanks!

lbmofo

Re: Cannot connect with Ooma mobile

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Looks like the app has issues with your wifi. I'd go regenerate the password and try again. If still doesn't work, find another wifi (different router brand) and check it out. I've gone through 2 different TrendNet routers that didn't play well with the app.

darkenwald

Post by darkenwald » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 am

Thanks Ibmofo, I took it off Auto and put it on 3G to see and that made a difference. It connected then. I guess it did not like my home network.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 pm

On the router not playing well with the app, try updaing firmware and see. My D-Link DIR-825 did not play well out of the box either (did connect but no audio when making calls); all working very well after updating to the updated firmware.