Cannot receive calls - outgoing works fine

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sundaypunch
Cannot receive calls - outgoing works fine

Post by sundaypunch » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

My Hub and Scout have been working great for over a year. I just found out that people have been trying to call me but get a dial tone. I called with my cell and have the same problem. I can place outgoing calls with no problems. Customer support had me unplug for 30-sec. and reset. They then placed a call to me so I thought the problem was solved. When I tried to call on my cell I still just get the dial tone. Unfortunately now support is closed for the night.

I did a search here and tried a few things. http://172.27.35.1 shows I am "connected" and "enabled". Unplugged everything for 15-minutes and still the same problem.

Any suggestions? I have made no changes with my modem, computer, etc.

thunderbird

Re: Cannot receive calls - outgoing works fine

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:57 am

sundaypunch wrote:My Hub and Scout have been working great for over a year. I just found out that people have been trying to call me but get a dial tone. I called with my cell and have the same problem. I can place outgoing calls with no problems. Customer support had me unplug for 30-sec. and reset. They then placed a call to me so I thought the problem was solved. When I tried to call on my cell I still just get the dial tone. Unfortunately now support is closed for the night.

I did a search here and tried a few things. http://172.27.35.1 shows I am "connected" and "enabled". Unplugged everything for 15-minutes and still the same problem.

Any suggestions? I have made no changes with my modem, computer, etc.
Cycle your Voicemail to "Do not Disturb", then cycle it back to normal, then test.

sundaypunch

Re: Cannot receive calls - outgoing works fine

Post by sundaypunch » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for the tip. I guess it was off as I got a message, "this service is only available for premier subscribers". I'll give support another call.