Call Went Directly to Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
greened3
Call Went Directly to Voicemail

Post by greened3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:43 pm

I have an Ooma Telo and handset, premier service, and two numbers ported to Ooma. My house wiring is connected to the Telo and I have a Panasonic base unit connected to another wall jack. The Panasonic answering machine is set to answer before a call would go to Voicemail. This afternoon as I was walking into the room where the Telo is, I heard a friend leaving me a Voicemail on the Telo. None of the phones in the house rang. The call is not listed on my call logs nor is it on the handsets caller id. I then called both of my numbers from my cell phone and each time the phones rang normally. My friends number is not blacklisted and I have blacklisted calls set to "continuous ring". Any ideas about what may be happening?

thunderbird

Re: Call Went Directly to Voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 pm

greened3 wrote:I have an Ooma Telo and handset, premier service, and two numbers ported to Ooma. My house wiring is connected to the Telo and I have a Panasonic base unit connected to another wall jack. The Panasonic answering machine is set to answer before a call would go to Voicemail. This afternoon as I was walking into the room where the Telo is, I heard a friend leaving me a Voicemail on the Telo. None of the phones in the house rang. The call is not listed on my call logs nor is it on the handsets caller id. I then called both of my numbers from my cell phone and each time the phones rang normally. My friends number is not blacklisted and I have blacklisted calls set to "continuous ring". Any ideas about what may be happening?
I also had a call go directly to voicemail this weekend. The Ooma phone never rang, it just went to voicemail. I rebooted the Ooma Telo. The problem hasn't repeated itself since??

greened3

Post by greened3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Just that one time.

Cyberchat

Post by Cyberchat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 pm

greened3 wrote:I have an Ooma Telo and handset, premier service, and two numbers ported to Ooma. My house wiring is connected to the Telo and I have a Panasonic base unit connected to another wall jack. The Panasonic answering machine is set to answer before a call would go to Voicemail. This afternoon as I was walking into the room where the Telo is, I heard a friend leaving me a Voicemail on the Telo. None of the phones in the house rang. The call is not listed on my call logs nor is it on the handsets caller id. I then called both of my numbers from my cell phone and each time the phones rang normally. My friends number is not blacklisted and I have blacklisted calls set to "continuous ring". Any ideas about what may be happening?
Make sure that the "Do Not Disturb" functionality of the Telo isn't turned on.
First year: Modem-->OomaTelo-->Router
Now: Modem-->Router-->OomaTelo
Ooma Premier, two phone numbers
Ooma Handset
AT&T DECT-6.0 two-line base with four remotes & headset

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 am

Do you have anonymous call blocking enabled?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

greened3

Post by greened3 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Yes

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:38 am

If your friend had his outgoing caller ID turned off his call would go to voicemail without ringing your phones although I would not expect his audio to be on your speaker.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

greened3

Post by greened3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 pm

This appears to be an isolated incident. Took the suggestion to reboot the Telo and so far everything seems normal including calls from my friend.

jumpsuit

Post by jumpsuit » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 pm

My experience with this problem was a need for a new land phone. After exhausting everything else, purchased a new panasonic phone and now everything works fine. Before, all calls went directly to voicemail and if a message was left it was never recorded. It was as though a call was never received.