Porting - never received an estimated date of completion.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
parmenides
Re: Porting - never received an estimated date of completion.

Post by parmenides » Thu May 07, 2009 5:26 am

Follow-up:

Days after starting this thread I received several communications from customer service, including an FOC for the port.

Port day came and went without any problems or interruption in service. I noticed the ooma test call in my call logs and I received communication from CS that the port was complete.

Having been through the process, then, here's my feedback:

The welcome to ooma email needs to be revised if indeed the customer will not receive email within 5 business days indicating the estimated date of completion for the porting request.

So, the time from my initial porting request until just days before the port was actually completed filled with radio silence in terms of communication from CS. This was disconcerting for me as a customer, especially since I was told that I would receive some communication in a timely fashion.

Communication is the key! Don't forget that you're a communications company, ooma. Keep customers updated with some status indicating an actual time line for the process. I think you'll find that people appreciate this and will tend to be forgiving of delays if they're informed.

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 am

parmenides wrote:Follow-up:

Days after starting this thread I received several communications from customer service, including an FOC for the port.

Port day came and went without any problems or interruption in service. I noticed the ooma test call in my call logs and I received communication from CS that the port was complete.

Having been through the process, then, here's my feedback:

The welcome to ooma email needs to be revised if indeed the customer will not receive email within 5 business days indicating the estimated date of completion for the porting request.

So, the time from my initial porting request until just days before the port was actually completed filled with radio silence in terms of communication from CS. This was disconcerting for me as a customer, especially since I was told that I would receive some communication in a timely fashion.

Communication is the key! Don't forget that you're a communications company, ooma. Keep customers updated with some status indicating an actual time line for the process. I think you'll find that people appreciate this and will tend to be forgiving of delays if they're informed.
Agree with everything said. I received two emails during my port. The first one said they received the request. The second one said when my port was scheduled to be completed (actually, it said the week it was to be completed) and that's it.

Got nothing on the day of the port saying a port was in process, etc. Only way I knew the port "might" be underway is when folks called my cell phone telling me my home number wasn't working.

After a few calls to CS, they determined that my port was indeed underway. At the end of the day (around 7pm or so), I got an email saying it was done.

Other than my CID information not showing up when I call out (which is a big deal for me), the port has been smooth.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 am

This is good to know - I too , so far, only received an approximate completion date (or should I say "week") email. The porting is supposed to go through next week, so we'll see.

coyote

Post by coyote » Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 am

Hah! I got you all beat! I sent in the forms as per their recommendation via email on January 26th 2009..... its now May right? Still nothing.
I got disgusted with it all and the temporary ooma number has been the number we rely on. I spoke to CS like three weeks ago and thy promised to cancel the port and issue me a full refund of the port charge.
Decided a week ago to try Vonage for the port. Vonage tells me that OOMA still has a port request in for the number!!!! what gives!
No refund for the porting that never happened even after all these months, and now its in limbo to even free the number up to try elsewhere.

I have called, I have emailed. No real success.

The ooma device and the clarity are awesome, but CS is not working here.

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Tue May 12, 2009 4:26 am

Which company are you porting from? Has Ooma ever given you explanation of what the problem is?
coyote wrote:Hah! I got you all beat! I sent in the forms as per their recommendation via email on January 26th 2009..... its now May right? Still nothing.
I got disgusted with it all and the temporary ooma number has been the number we rely on. I spoke to CS like three weeks ago and thy promised to cancel the port and issue me a full refund of the port charge.
Decided a week ago to try Vonage for the port. Vonage tells me that OOMA still has a port request in for the number!!!! what gives!
No refund for the porting that never happened even after all these months, and now its in limbo to even free the number up to try elsewhere.

I have called, I have emailed. No real success.

The ooma device and the clarity are awesome, but CS is not working here.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Tue May 12, 2009 8:22 am

I'm seeing at the time of my writing this post that you have written twice on this board.

If you want a refund, or want your number ported to Ooma, I strongly advise you to write Ooma board moderator Dennis P via email (which you can do via this board). Explain your problem and ask for help.