Two Quickies (Blinking Logo and Time Zone)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Ringfinger
Two Quickies (Blinking Logo and Time Zone)

Post by Ringfinger » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm

New user so please bear with me. I noticed that if I look at my Ooma unit at an angle from a distance, the logo is rapidly blinking red and blue, however if I look straight on and above it, it looks fine and is not blinking. The unit works fine, what gives?

Also, do I need to set any time zones on it or anything? When I registered I gave my address and all that. Does that automatically register it? When I got the introdutory voicemail and it shows I got it at like 12:59 A.M. even though I just registered at like 9 P.M. Is that some sort of default time or is something messed up with my voicemail?

Thanks in adavance.

thunderbird

Re: Two Quickies (Blinking Logo and Time Zone)

Post by thunderbird » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Ringfinger wrote:New user so please bear with me. I noticed that if I look at my Ooma unit at an angle from a distance, the logo is rapidly blinking red and blue, however if I look straight on and above it, it looks fine and is not blinking. The unit works fine, what gives?
I never heard of this one. Try a reboot of the Ooma Telo and see what happens.
Ringfinger wrote: Also, do I need to set any time zones on it or anything? When I registered I gave my address and all that. Does that automatically register it? When I got the introdutory voicemail and it shows I got it at like 12:59 A.M. even though I just registered at like 9 P.M. Is that some sort of default time or is something messed up with my voicemail?

Thanks in adavance.
In the heading located in the upper left side of this page, click on User Control Panel. The User Control Panel
page opens. Click on Board Preferences. Towards the bottom of the page that opens, there is a place to set your time zone.

Note: Some people also have to call Ooma and have the time set.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Ringfinger

Re: Two Quickies (Blinking Logo and Time Zone)

Post by Ringfinger » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am

The reboot worked, thanks!

The time issue resolved itself, it just neededf some time to get set up in the Ooma systems I guess. All seems well now, just need to test it out.